Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Job Position: Qualitative Research Analyst
Number of Opening: 1
(Applicable for Nepali Citizens only)
Possible is seeking an experienced and driven Qualitative Research Analyst to oversee the organization’s application of qualitative methods for healthcare systems design, quality improvement, and implementation research.
Interested candidates are requested to apply by 31 October 2018.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
The Organization: Possible
Possible, also known as Nyaya Health Nepal, is a nonprofit organization delivering healthcare to underserved communities in Nepal in partnership with the Ministry of Health. With over 300 full time staff, we deliver care to over 150,000 patients annually in two hospital hubs and through our community health worker network. We have witnessed dramatic results through our integrated hospital-to-home model that has helped reduce maternal and infant morbidity and mortality. We envision a future where everyone, regardless of location or income, is guaranteed universal health coverage as a human right.
The Opportunity: Are you the right fit?
Strong preference will be given to those who can prove they can operate in fast-growth environments with limited resources.
Most importantly, your orientation toward the work should match well with our operating values, captured by our For-Impact Culture Code.
Lastly, you’re a believer, not an employee. And you’re looking for an opportunity to use your time and energy to transform an early stage organization and impact hundreds of thousands of lives.
Reports to: Director of Implementation Research
Direct Reports: N/A
Department: Research & Evidence to Policy
Location: National position
Travel: 40% Achham, 40% Dolakha, 20% Kathmandu
How to Approach the Role:
The Qualitative Research Analyst (QRA) should be driven by applying rigorous qualitative methods in service of improving people-centered healthcare delivery systems. They should view qualitative methods as central to monitoring and evaluation, quality improvement, and implementation research, and strive to effectively integrate these methods with Nyaya Health Nepal’s (NHN) approach to quantitative data. In addition, the QRA should see the application of qualitative methods such as ethnography as central to improving health and livelihood, addressing issues of social inclusion and gender equity, and to shaping local, national and global policy.
Big 3 Responsibilities
- Qualitative methods implementation. Conduct qualitative data collection, analysis, and write-up to further NHN’s approach to public sector healthcare systems design, research, and policy advocacy.
- Qualitative methods capacity building. Oversee all qualitative methods trainings, and cultivate a sense of the relevance of qualitative methods to improve care delivery, and to highlight impact and personal experiences and stories from our work;
- Social justice advocacy. Apply qualitative methods for research to advance social justice, some of which may fall outside of Nyaya Health Nepal’s immediate care delivery mandate
Areas of Responsibility:
The Qualitative Research Analyst will be responsible for overseeing the following areas of responsibility:
1. Qualitative methods implementation. Conduct qualitative data collection, analysis, and write-up to further NHN’s approach to public sector healthcare systems design, research, and policy advocacy.
- Serve as the primary contact person in Nepal for all qualitative methods-related work applied for healthcare systems design, quality improvement, and research at Nyaya Health Nepal delivery sites;
- Oversee and conduct all qualitative methods: take the lead in designing focus group discussion and interview instruments; collect data, oversee data quality and data management; conduct qualitative data analysis; write-up findings and results for Nyaya Health Nepal’s care delivery teams, government partners, donors and funders, and for publications;
- Work collaboratively with other research analysts to design and conduct rigorous mixed-methods research;
- Prepare and ensure submission of IRB applications and other materials to support qualitative research conducted by Nyaya Health Nepal, as needed;
- Assist in gathering data to help measure and improve the patient experience in seeking and receiving care at Nyaya Health Nepal sites (e.g., through patient satisfaction surveys);
- Ensure the integrity of all qualitative data collected, including appropriate storage and data management protocols;
- Ensure ethical conduct of research by following protocols approved by institutional review boards, and also guide the organization to think critically about putting people at the center of our work and research;
- Assist with translation of tools and instruments for quality improvement and research from Nepali to English and English to Nepali (e.g., surveys, questionnaires, consent forms, etc.);
- Assist the Evidence to Policy and Partnerships teams as needed in executing protocols for disseminating research findings in lay media;
- Accompany members of the Community Health team on home visits regularly in order to stay grounded with the care delivery component of Nyaya Health Nepal’s work
2. Qualitative methods capacity building. Oversee all qualitative methods trainings, and cultivate a sense of the relevance of qualitative methods to improve care delivery, and to highlight impact and personal experiences and stories from our work.
- Provide regular and re-fresher qualitative methods trainings and workshops to all Nyaya Health Nepal team members involved in qualitative data collection for quality improvement and research;
- Develop and adapt qualitative research design and methods trainings that can be used in collaboration with other partners, such as the Nepal Health Research Council and NHN’s Implementation Research Unit;
- Similarly, develop and adapt qualitative academic publication trainings and workshops that can be used internally for the organization
- Stay up to date on innovative qualitative methods, approaches, and theories for global public health and implementation science research.
3. Social justice advocacy. Apply qualitative methods for research and policy advocacy in matters of social justice, some of which may fall outside of Nyaya Health Nepal’s immediate care delivery mandate
- Assist the Director of Evidence to Policy and other E2P team members with research and dissemination on issues at the intersection of social justice, structural violence, health(care), and livelihood (e.g., the rise of workplace violence, gender equity and social inclusion, inequalities in health status and outcomes);
- Seek out national and international funding opportunities to support qualitative research;
- Provide grant-writing support for research and non-research related applications from academic and non-academic funders;
- Collaborate with other organizations in Nepal and abroad to jointly access additional resources for to innovate around qualitative methods for healthcare systems design, quality improvement, and research.
The above list of responsibilities is not comprehensive, and the Qualitative Research Analyst may be required to take on additional responsibilities, as determined by the Director of Implementation Research.
Below are the qualifications that are necessary for someone to be considered for the position:
- A Master’s degree in a social science, public health, or related field
- Minimum of three years of experience in qualitative research in the healthcare sector, overseeing and conducting data collection and analysis with and without computer software packages (e.g., coding in NVivo, Atlas.ti, Dedoose)
- A strong motivation and ability to live and work in remote Nepal for extended periods of time
- Demonstrated scientific promise by co-authorship in peer-reviewed, international journals.
- Fluency in written and spoken Nepali and English, and demonstrated excellent writing skills
Candidates with demonstrated experience conducting qualitative research in reproductive and maternal and child health, or non-communicable disease research will be given preference.
To apply and for detail information, please refer to this link https://possible.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=168
Kindly send in your application by 31 October 2018.
|Please check vacancy details.|
|Please check vacancy details|
|01 Oct, 18|
|31 Oct, 18|