Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Notice Published Date: 15th February 2019
Forum for Rural Development (FORD) Nepal is Non-Government Organization (NGO) established in 2056 B.S. Since the beginning, the organization has implemented different projects primarily focused on community development and social transformation to bring positive and sustained changes in the lives of poor and vulnerable citizens. FORD Nepal has focused on fostering rural livelihood improvement through organizing people and developing inclusive leadership. Recently, the organization is implementing Okhaldhunga Recovery and Resilience Program (ORRP) in partnership with the Catholic Relief Service (CRS Nepal) at Likhu and Champadevi rural municipality of (former Singhadevi, Raniban and Phulbari VDCs of Okhaldhunga) to reconstruct community infrastructure and restore the livelihoods. Under ORR program, FORD Nepal is implementing Livelihood, Shelter and Restoration program. For successful implementation of the ORRP in rural areas, FORD Nepal is looking for qualified and experienced following positions.
Job Title: Social Mobilization Officer
No of position: 1
Job Location: Champadevi Rural Municipality Former Phoolbari VDC
Length of Contract:Initial 1 year with possibility of extension
Reporting to:Program Manager
Required qualifications and experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Social science, Rural Development or Social work with at least 3 years of work experience in tracking change and Social mobilization in rural areas
- Strong communication, documentation, dissemination andskills in operating computer.
- Experience in social mobilization sector and working modality of both government and non-government organization.
- Technical skills and work experience in advocacy, lobbying and networking.
- Experience working with NGOs.
- A strong commitment to community mobilization and Human Rights is essential along with ability to represent at various levels.
- Highly motivated, flexible, capable of working both independently and as part of a team
- Good communication and reporting skills
Areas of responsibility:
The Social Mobilization Officer will be responsible for developing strong rapport with the communities, linkage and coordination with ward/rural municipality level stakeholders, support and facilitate Animators & Community Reconstruction Committees (CRCs) to facilitate and lead community mobilization and planning process. They also support and facilitate Animator & CRC for target group identification, group formation, mobilization and implementation of all thematic project activity. The SMO will also maintain all community based data, records and report to the respective Program Manager. S/He will be responsible to implement and assist/facilitate the following activities in close co-ordination with project related staffs.
- Develop plan for social mobilization, risk reduction and vulnerability reduction in respected wards.
- Visit the identified villages and clusters as per plan prepared.
- Be responsible for fieldwork, including supervision and handholding support to social animators; capacity-building activities, planning of field work, assessment survey, data collection and analysis of outputs and service delivery for their designed clusters.
- SMO should also play a supportive and supervisory role in the planning of the day-to-day activities that are to be implemented by animators.
- Troubleshooting and handholding to implement field Level activities.
- Networking with likeminded partner organization, local government, police, school, different group, clubs, and CRC etc
- Maintain regular contact with primary and secondary stakeholders and ensure smooth working in the field.
- Facilitate group/s orientations and foster activity.
- Prepare and maintain day-to-day reports.
- Conduct fortnightly /monthly review meetings with the community mobilizers and ensure their involvement in development of plans and their implementation.
- Identifying training needed for the skills development of Social Animator.
- Arrangement of orientation and Capacity building training for CRC, mason/building groups
- Organize Focus Group Discussions (FGDs) and KII with target groups and document, report and submit the findings.
- Management in distribution of IEC material
- Actively participate in meetings, workshops and coordination meetings to represent FORD Nepal’s projects effectively.
- Liaison to government line agencies- Ward, Rural municipality, Health Facility Management Committee, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Coordination Committee, Village Reconstruction Committee (CRC) and targeted beneficiaries
- Perform the task allocated by Supervisor.
Salaries and benefits: According to FORD-Nepal Standards
Interested Nepali citizen are request to forward their Covering latter and CV with expected salary to email@example.com by 25 February 2019 5:00 pm or can submit at FORD Nepal’s Project Implementation Unit. Only shortlisted candidate shall be contacted for selection process. The organization reserve the right to reject any/all application without assigning any reason whatsoever.
Preference will be given to those who are from the background of JT or JTA.
For more details:
Human Resources Department
Forum for Rural Development (FORD) Nepal)
Okhaldhunga Recovery and Resilience Program (ORRP)
Project Implementation Unit
Phone. - 048-540602
|Please check vacancy details.|
|Please check vacancy details|
|15 Feb, 19|
|25 Feb, 19|
|Champadevi Rural Municipality Former Phoolbari VDC|