Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Date: 5th April, 2019
Advertisement of Vacancy Announcement
(Notice. No.: 006417/05/2019)
Association of Medical Doctors of Asia-Nepal (AMDA-Nepal) was established in 1989 as a chapter of AMDA-International, Japan and was officially registered in the government office as a NGO in 1990. It is a humanitarian, nonprofit-making, non-political, non-sectarian, Non-Governmental Organization working with its mission to promote the health and well-being of the underprivileged and marginalized people under the slogan “Better quality of life for better future”. AMDA Nepal is providing curative and preventive health services through its hospitals and projects in different parts of Nepal.
AMDA-Nepal invites application for the following positions from qualified Nepalese citizen.
Application form is available on request from AMDA Nepal office or can be downloaded in the link below. Candidate must pay non-refundable exam fee during application submission. One set copy of testimonials, two photographs and exam fee are necessary to submit application form.
Vac. No. 03/006417
Position: Finance Controller
Total vacant position: One.
Duty Station: AMDA Nepal Central Office, Gokerneshwor-6, Kathmandu
- To provide strategic and financial guidance to ensure that the organization’s financial commitments are met;
- Develop all necessary policies and procedures to ensure sound financial management and control of organizational business.
Accountabilities, Responsibilities and Duties:
- Contribute in achieving the organizational financial objectives by providing advice and guidance on financial strategy on the executive board.
- Develop and control the organization annual operating budget to ensure that all financial targets are met and financial and statutory regulations are complied with.
- Conduct financial analysis and prepare detailed financial reports and statements to ensure that these are presented accurately and timely.
- Develop and implement and internal audit program to ensure that the organization complies with financial procedures and regulations.
- Establish and implement financial recordings and reporting system to comply with taxation system of inland government regulations and legislation and ensure compliance and response.
- Develop/upgrade and maintain all necessary systems, policies and procedures to ensure effective and efficient financial management within the organization.
- Manage investment and reserves.
- Prepare cash flow forecast and manage the cash flows in accordance with policy.
- Conduct reviews and evaluation for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Preparation and presentation of annual budgets.
- Develop and implement purchasing practices and monitor purchasing system.
- Monitor external contracts and services provided by suppliers to ensure that these are operating effectively and provide the best value of money.
- Carry out all necessary actions to ensure that the organization meets its financial and legal obligations.
- Respond to auditors’ comments concerning finances and operations and oversee required action to address deficiencies.
- Record, file and report of all financial transactions.
Provide leadership and direction to ensure efficient use of human resources:
- Monitor finance staff to ensure that they are appropriately motivated and developed so that they carry out their responsibilities to the required standard.
- Evaluate the performance of, and provide training and development opportunities for, finance and administration staff.
- Manage the maintenance and upgrade of financial and payroll information systems
- Provide leadership by delegating tasks, responding to staff inquiries and providing overall direction to concerned employees.
- Develop external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g. auditors, donor, solicitors and statutory organizations such as inland revenue.
- Treasurer of board
- Head of Central Office
- Head of Field Offices
- Head of Finance of Field Offices
- Procurement and HR Officer
- Inland Revenue Office
- Social Welfare Council
- Donating Partners
Terms and condition of employment
- Special Service Agreement
- Initial one-year contract (renewable as per need and performance)
- Salary and other benefits: Gross Eight hundred forty thousand per annum.
Essential Qualification and Skills
Date:2076 Baisakh 13 (26 April 2019),
Time: 3:00 PM
Written test (to be followed by interview and skill test):
Date: 2076 Baisakh 14 (27 April 2019),
Time: 9:00 AM
Venue: AMDA Nepal office, Jorpati, Kathmandu.
Exam fee: NRs. 1,000.00 (can be paid on cash in central office, Kathmandu or through bank deposit in Nepal Investment Bank Ltd., Durbarmarg Branch, (A/C Name: AMDA Nepal, A/C# 00101010029009)
The examination is written test followed by interview and skill test. The suitable candidate can apply through online and/or jobsnepal.com.
For more detail, please contact
AMDA Nepal, Kathmandu
Phone: 01-4910235, www.amda.org.np
|Finance & Administration|
|Please check details below.|
|05 Apr, 19|
|26 Apr, 19|