click here to view more company profile...
Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Call for Video Documentary Production Consultancy Firm
Action Works Nepal (AWON) and Bheri Environmental Excellence (BEE) Group in financial support of European Commission have been implementing “Elimination of Chhaupadi practice in Karnali, Nepal” project from 2016 to 2018. This project has planned to produce video documentary on Chhaupadi practices, its effects on women and adolescent girls’ and development in the project area. The documentary will also cover how the project is addressing Chhaupadi elimination in Jumla, Mugu and Kalikot.
The detail Terms of Reference is given below;
Terms of References (ToR)
Action Works Nepal (AWON) is registered as a Non-Government Organization (NGO) under the institutional registration act of Nepal in 2010, and is affiliated to the Social Welfare Council in Nepal. AWON focuses its activities and resources on rural areas of Nepal. The organization’s programs are oriented on peace building, human rights, empowerment, and climate change, justice to the rural, poor, marginalized and excluded people across the world. “The birthplace of an individual is not by choice” is a driving force of AWON and its key strategy is “MiteriGau-Let’s Live Together Campaign”. AWON is working for improving the livelihood of communities through innovative humanitarian, educational and vocational result driven program by community mobilization, advocacy, training, research and social business. AWON coordinates and conducts the different activities from local to international level. Its major activities are Miteri anti-chhaupadi, Miteri Peace Learning Center, Miteri Birthing center, Miteri education support, Miteri Recycle center, Miteri SRHR, Miteri Earthquake response. The outcomes of all activities are claiming basic rights, ensuring human rights and immediate relief.
In financial support of European Commission, Action Works Nepal (AWON) and Bheri Environmental Excellence (BEE) Group have been implementing “Elimination of Chhaupadi practice in Karnali, Nepal” project from 2016 to 2018. The overall objective of the project is to eliminate traditional, deeply rooted Chhaupadi practice from the remote villages of Karnali, Nepal to establish women's human rights, justice and dignity.
The issue of Chhaupadi is deeply rooted in the minds of the people of the target area. Even though it mainly impacts women, the issue cannot be eliminated without targeting men and other stakeholders. First objective is to empower women and girls at the individual and group levels, as well as, build capacity and improve understanding of the policy and advocacy issues. To broaden the constituency of women, it is imperative to work with like-minded institutions to forge the linkages. For the sustainability of this movement, it is vital to create appropriate policies and its implementation.
So, the project is implementing the different activities of awareness programs to meet the project objectives and produce estimated results. Applicant (Action Works Nepal) will lead the project activities in Jumla and Mugu districts and the co-applicant (BEE group) will lead in the Kalikot district. However, AWON will provide overall strategic support and lead national level policy advocacy as per its expertise areas.
As we reach the end date of the Chhaupadi elimination project, we want to document our success stories, showcase meaningful effect the project has made on thousands of young women and girls’ life and development across Kalikot, Jumla and Mugu. The video documentaries will be the views of women and adolescent girls who are beneficiaries of the project, their reflections on problems and challenges encountered, what steps were taken through or by the program to address them. Documenting how project is addressing Chhaupadi elimination can act as evidence-based policy advocacy document to influence policies and similar projects to implement elimination of Chhaupadi practices.
The main objective of the assignment is to produce video documentary on Chhaupadi practices, its effects on women and adolescent girls’ life and development in the project area. It also cover how the project is addressing Chhaupadi elimination in Jumla, Mugu and Kalikot.
IV)Scope of Works
Following is the scope of works for the consulting firm.
- We are looking out for two (2) video documentaries, one of 25-30 minutes long and other with 5 minutes looking at the core themes of the Project.
- The firm will draft and finalize overall concept, contents and scenario and share with AWON to incorporate suggestions to ensure the expectation of project documents.
- Interview selected interviewees for the film who will include actual beneficiaries, local government officials, Implementing Partners and key program staff of AWON and BEE group.
- Visit the project sites and interact with the local communities who’ve been impacted by the projects to get context.
- Perform appropriate video filming and shoot interviews with the Projects’ major beneficiaries and stakeholders.
- Video editing and finalization.
- Present a draft documentary to AWON for review and validation
- Produce a Final documentary film
V)Video Documentary Program format
The proposed video documentary will follow the following video format
- Document the Chhaupadi practice, its effect on women and girls’ life and development in the project areas.
- Interviews with policy makers, experts, academicians, practitioners, district level planners and community people including girls and women.
- Include the good practice/case studies as visual information from the field
- Also cover how the project is addressing Chhaupadi elimination.
VI)Schedule (Timeline), Expected Deliverables
- Vendor selection – by First week of October 2018
- Initial meeting to make mutual understanding about the program and start the work – by second week of October
- Field work (Jumla, Kalikot & Mugu)
- Video editing and finalization in both English and Nepali with sub titles mid of December 2018.
Action Works Nepal expects the Consultant to be paid in work completion basis in three installment
- 1st payment after contract for implementation (50%)
- 2nd payment after draft documentary (25%)
- Final payment after final approval of documentary (25%)
All information pertaining to this video documentary program (audio, digital records, reports, documents) belonging to Action Works Nepal, which the consultant my come into contact with during the undertaking of this assignment, shall remain under the ownership of AWON. Requests for future reference/uses of the program by Consultant/or other will be made exclusively to Action Works Nepal, who will review both requests and their usage.
Action Works Nepal looks forward to receiving from VAT-registered companies with at least 5 years of proven, demonstrate experience in video documentary production. All applications must include following essentials;
- Cover letter of interest with brief summary of the Consultant’s required experiences
- A proposal with methodology and concept of video documentary format, including a detail price quotation of costs for the program production team and other cost.
- Company profile mentioning the previous experiences.
X)How to Apply?
All candidates who meet the above-defined requirements should apply by no later than 1700 hrs on 30 September (Sunday)2018 via email only to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: For Production of video documentary program with Action Works Nepal.
Note: Email or telephone enquiries will not be entertained. Applications received after the closure of the submission deadline and/or compiled/written without adherence to stated requirements will be deemed ineligible. Action Works Nepal reserves the right to reject any or all applications.
|Consulting & Professional Services|
|Please check vacancy details.|
|Please check vacancy details|
|17 Sep, 18|
|30 Sep, 18|