Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
EXAMS FINANCE OFFICER
Contract: Fixed Term, 2+1 Year, Band H | Region: South Asia | Country: Nepal | Location: Kathmandu | Department: English & Exams
PURPOSE OF JOB
- Carry out day-to-day activities pertaining to financial analysis and planning for the Exams department
- Assist the Head of Financial Planning and Analysis and Financial Planning Manager with administration and financial management of exams products, programmes and projects.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
The Nepal Operation
The British Council has been working in Nepal since 1959, starting with a Library at Kantipath and now offering services in 5 cities in Nepal. The main activities are Examinations, Grant-funded (GPF) and FCR project management for development services.
Examination Services Department
- The British Council’s Exams Department has set in place an ambitious plan to ensure its growth and greater impact in a fast changing, global environment. To do this, the department will be engaging and working more directly with partners, both internal and external from all sectors.
- The Exams Department has grown into a significantly large revenue business. Due to the scale of operations, the organization requires a dedicated resource team to manage financial planning of the department.
- The post will be led by the Exams Finance Manager responsible for coordinating the planning activity as well as periodically monitoring performance against approved plans. The team will also be responsible for analysing trends and suggesting solutions for overcoming any performance gaps.
ACCOUNTABILITIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAIN DUTIES
- Responsible for month-end preparation and reconciliation of bank statements
- Responsible for preparing income reconciliation of exams product
- Maintain cash controls and reconcile the general ledger, including preparation of journal summaries
- Responsible for various financial reports, thereby ensuring transactions are correctly recorded and entered in the computerised accounting system (SAP)
- Responsible for correcting and posting journal entries in SAP on a monthly basis
- Ensure that steps related to vendor payments are carried out smoothly, whereby payment is deposited into bank account followed by MIS report generation and monthly reconciliation
- Maintain the computerised accounting system and financial files and records
- Responsible for reconciliation of timesheets of invigilation staff and processing payroll for venue staff.
- Review and follow-up on aged debts with relevant business streams
- Ensure attention to detail both with data entry and with checking invoices Liaise with stakeholders and supplies, keeping track of expenditure and ensuring value of money
- Co-ordinate with GSD to resolve issues or queries
- Prepare refund journals when required and maintain refund log
- Create Purchase Order as per business need and according to Procurement policy
- Prepare month end pack (Accrual/Deferral) for Nepal Examinations.
If you are interested to apply, for further information please see the links below:
External Link for External Applicants:
Closing date: UK time: 23:59, 24 March 2019
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity. British Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of its partners to share this commitment. In line with the British Council’s Child Protection policy, any appointment is contingent on thorough checks. In the UK, and in other countries where appropriate systems exist, these include criminal records checks.
|Finance & Administration|
|Please check vacancy details.|
|Please check vacancy details|
|07 Mar, 19|
|24 Mar, 19|