Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
USAID’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Activity, Nepal
Consultancy Title: Field Researcher Consultant (2)
CAMRIS is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
CAMRIS clients include U.S. government agencies and multilateral and private organizations. Our core practice areas include public health, agriculture, and food security, economic development, education, environment, humanitarian assistance, democracy and governance, monitoring, evaluation and learning, and medical research.
In support of the CAMRIS-implemented, USAID/Nepal Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Activity, we seek Field Researchers for the endline study for the performance evaluation of the Early Grade Reading Program (EGRP). The evaluation team will conduct a longitudinal study using qualitative data collection and analysis of institutional and human resources capacity and will track key indicators monitored by EGRP itself (e.g., counterpart financing, number of coaches/mentors trained per school, etc.).
- Support the research team in planning, coordinating, and conducting meetings at the central, regional, and district levels with relevant stakeholders.
- Assist/conduct key informant interviews (KIIs) and focus group discussions (FGDs) with relevant stakeholders in the field.
- Support the coordination and timely functioning of all travel expenses/logistics and other logistics as needed for the effective implementation of the evaluation.
- Support the team in collating, transcribing, and translating data gathered from KIIs and FGDs.
- Support data coding as needed
- Conduct any other tasks as required during the fieldwork.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher degree in a social science field.
- At least three years of experience leading FGDs and KIIs in the development sector in Nepal.
- Experience in transcribing and translating the KIIs and FGDs.
- Experience working with international organizations, stakeholders, and beneficiaries.
- Good oral communication skills in English, Nepali; fluency in Maithali, Awadhi, and Tharu languages is preferred.
- Experience working with women as well as other minority and disadvantaged groups in Nepal.
- Experience in data coding is an added advantage.
Qualified and interested professionals are requested to apply by February 28, 2019 at the following link:
|Consulting & Professional Services|
|01 Feb, 19|
|28 Feb, 19|