Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
POSITION TITLE: Driver - 2 positions (national position)
LOCATION: 1 based in Nepalgunj and 1 based in Rupandehi with significant
travel to Kanchanpur, Kailali, Bardiya and Kapilbastu
REPORTS TO: CTIP Field Coordinator
CONTRACT LENGTH: 12 months
Nepal is a source, transit, and destination country for sex, labor, and organ trafficking. A 2014 report estimates that 230,000 Nepalis are subject to slavery at any given time, and nearly 30 percent of the economically-active population is unemployed or underemployed.1 The Hamro Samman project is a five-year program generously supported by the American people through the United States Agency for International Development and the British people through the United Kingdom’s Department For International Development and implemented by Winrock International. It seeks to build the capacity of and facilitate coordination among the government, civil society, and private sector to combat human trafficking in Nepal.
The driver, under the supervision of the CTIP Field Coordinator, will be responsible for maintaining and ensuring the safe operations of office vehicles, as well as providing support to front office management as and when required. All duties will be carried as per the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Safe driving of vehicles at all times, taking precautions as required;
- Update regularly on security procedures in emergency and conflict situations;
- Learn the most direct routes and alternative routes for destinations.
Timely Maintenance of Vehicles
- Recommend any maintenance required to keep the vehicle in good running condition;
- Renew blue books and emission sticker periodically;
- Update log books including fuel consumption record.
- Inform each and every incident related to vehicle to the Line manager immediately.
Office Administration and Logistical Support
- Support photocopying, scanning and document binding (if needed).
- Assist in office maintenance including preparing tea/coffee/water for guests in the office
- Assist in decentralised or low level procurement process.
- Deliver official mail and manage minor banking
- Pick-up and drop of staff /visitors from the airport – hotel-office.
- Collect documents as advised by Administrative Officer
- Support organization and logistics (set up, take down and loading of equipment and materials etc.) of activities in the field.
Other duties as assigned
Education: Basic Literacy and numeracy.
Technical: Minimum of 2 years demonstrated experience on 4WD in a related role required. Holding valid driving license.
- Experience driving and maintaining a 4WD and driving to remote districts in Nepal
- Experience working a flexible schedule and locations
- Mechanic skills or other experience with vehicle maintenance.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills required.
- Basic English language skills required.
- Known for demonstrating a high level of courtesy and professionalism to passengers and co-workers
- Familiar with all traffic laws and regulations.
- Ability to adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Able to prepare basic reports on vehicle condition etc.
- Strong time management skills.
- Communicate or interact with guests and clients respectfully and amicably.
Professionalism: Strong knowledge of the relevant technical areas.
Planning & Organizing: Ability to plan work and manage conflicting priorities.
Communication: Good spoken and written communication skills, including the ability to liaise with technical staff and present information in a clear and concise style.
Teamwork: Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Analytical skills: Ability to analyze information and solve problems with excellent attention to detail.
To apply, please submit your application by email, referencing in the subject line “Driver”, stating districts preference to HamroSammanJobs@winrock.org on or before August 23, 2019. Your application must include a cover letter and C.V. Hard copies of applications will not be accepted. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Women, people with disabilities, those belonging to discriminated groups and human trafficking or labor exploitation survivors are strongly encouraged to apply.
All employees should adhere to USAID, DFID and Winrock International’s code of ethics, and specifically child safeguarding and trafficking in persons provisions covered in the project agreement.
|Please check vacancy details|
|09 Aug, 19|
|23 Aug, 19|