Based on its core values and over 100 years of professional expertise, CBM addresses poverty both as a cause and as a consequence of disability, and works in partnership with local and national civil society organisations to create an inclusive society for all.
Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
CBM Nepal Country Office (NCO) is an international development organization committed to improving the quality of life of people with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world irrespective of race, gender or religious belief. Our work in Nepal spans across 40 districts and based on a programmatic approach to ensure rehabilitation and inclusive development of persons with disabilities.
CBM seeks application from qualified and competent candidates for following positions:
Job Title: Disability Inclusion Advisor
The Disability Inclusion Advisor will be technical lead to the initiative on inclusive WASH in School being implemented in the selective Municipalities of Province 2, Karnali Province and SudurPaschim Province. Further, the advisor will support the Country Office in reviewing from the disability inclusion perspective during project design, implementation and evaluation phase.
This position will be based in CBM Nepal Country office; plays role will build the capacity of Country Office and partners' project staff on technical aspect of disability inclusion as cross-cutting theme. Additionally, the advisor will play coordinating role with likeminded organizations, development partners, DPOs and government of Nepal on the agenda of mainstreaming disability inclusion.
Initial contract of the positon will be for one year with possibility of time extension. The advisor will have the chance to join a growing international team of advisors within CBM who will support and learn from one another, with good opportunities for career growth and learning over time. The advisor will receive thorough induction and ongoing support from peers locally and internationally Education and experience
- University degree in social sciences, international development, gender, disability inclusion or related field
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in two or more related disciplines: international development, human rights, policy, disability, and preferably also in a specific sectoral area; e.g. education, water, sanitation and hygiene, governance, humanitarian response, etc.
- Sound knowledge on human rights, ideally within the field of disability rights and inclusion.
- Social inclusion project management experience or knowledge
- Demonstrated capacity development and training skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experience leading/managing stakeholders in collaborative projects
- Willingness to adhere and commit to CBM’s Values and Child Protection Policy.
- A willingness to contribute to the growth and development of CBM and its work.
- English (professional proficiency) - Local/regional language (professional proficiency / advantageous)
- Good knowledge of MS Office (particularly advanced Excel skills) - Knowledge in MS Navision and MS SharePoint solutions (Preferred)
Please visit http://bit.ly/2ooZ4Lk for detail Job description of above position.
Suitable candidates meeting the above criteria are invited to send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 pm 25 Oct 2019. Only short listed candidates will be invited for the next stage of the recruitment process. CBM reserves the right to appoint no candidate or to appoint a candidate that does not fulfill all minimum criteria but has the best overall performance during the recruitment process.
CBM reserves all rights to qualify/disqualify applications in any case.
CBM encourages persons with disabilities to explore this opportunity.
The job holder adheres to CBM beliefs as well as values and commits to CBM’s Child Safeguarding Policy and CBM Code of Conduct.
|Please check vacancy details|
|03 Oct, 19|
|25 Oct, 19|