Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
We are looking for a Network Engineer who will be responsible for maintaining and administering our company's computer networks along with handling data security. Your primary duties will include setup/maintenance of computer networks, hardware, software, and other related systems, performing disaster recovery operations, protecting data, software, and hardware from attacks, and replacing faulty network hardware components when necessary. You will also be working closely with the users of our network (software development and support team) in order to identify potential issues and fix existing problems. Besides fixing the network issues, ability to install software (mostly Microsoft technologies), use proper licenses, troubleshoot software issues, handle remote/online meetings, etc. and help the team in day-to-day operations.
As a network engineer you'll have responsibility for setting up, developing and maintaining computer networks within an organization or between organizations. You'll offer support to users, who can be staff, clients, customers and suppliers, and troubleshoot any problems that arise. You may, in some cases, also be involved in designing new networks.Your aim is to ensure the integrity of high availability network infrastructure to provide maximum performance for your users.
- Network engineers may work internally as part of our organization's team, or externally working with several clients. As needed, the engineer will be expected to work together with our clients (located around Kathmandu city) to setup/maintain their computer networks, which will require the engineer to visit/travel the client’s office location.
- Exposure to handling servers in the cloud technology (Azure, Amazon, etc.) is expected.
- The network engineer will interact with our clients, so professional behavior, presentation skills and proper interaction with the teams are very important.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology related field of study with a network engineering focus.
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware.
- Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches, controllers.
- Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols.
- Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
- Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection.
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization.
- A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Dependable and flexible when necessary.
- Network security experience.
- LAN and WAN experience.
- Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations.
- To be a successful candidate, you will need to have a strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware. You will also need to be able to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network devices including wireless devices, firewalls, routers, switches, and controllers. Good knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols (TCP-IP) is needed.
- Performing disaster recovery operations and data backups when required.
- Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing network security measures.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
- Replacing faulty network hardware components when required.
- Maintaining, configuring, and monitoring virus protection software and email applications.
- Monitoring network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made.
- Conferring with network users about solving existing system problems.
- Operating master consoles to monitor the performance of networks and computer systems.
- Coordinating computer network access and use.
- Designing, configuring and testing networking software, computer hardware, and operating system software.
|Engineering - Network|
|Please check vacancy details.|
|BIT / BIM(S)|
|04 Jul, 19|
|03 Aug, 19|