Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Nepal National Dalit Social Welfare Organization (NNDSWO) (1982) is a network based national organization having its district chapters in 74 districts in Nepal. Organization envisions an equitable and prosperous society free from all forms of discrimination, exploitation and poverty where human rights, social justice and dignity of all are equally respected. Its Mission is to 'eliminate caste-based discrimination and untouchability and empower people for dignified life'. Human rights, governance, education and livelihood are four core thematic programme areas of NNDSWO. Gender equality, conflict transformation, youth empowerment, and advocacy on inclusive DRR are major crosscutting themes. It has successfully managed projects on human rights, governance, education, adolescent empowerment, etc. in all regions of Nepal in partnership with a dozens of inter/national partners/donors.
The consortium of Nepal National Dalit Social Welfare Organization (NNDSWO), Media Advocacy Group (MAG) and Finn Church Aid (FCA) is implementing SAJHA AAWAZ Project with the main financial support of European Union and co-finance of FCA in five districts of Nepal (i.e. Kalikot, Jajarkot, Surkhet, Mahottari and Siraha). The project aims at creating enabling environment to caste-based discrimination (CBD) affected people to restore their dignity and enjoy rights to non-discrimination. It builds solidarity of wider communities against CBD, and for implementation of laws and policies. It contributes for strengthening democratic institutions at local level. The project also aims to promote partnership at local level for economic empowerment of target groups.
Currently, NNDSWO is seeking competent, committed and dynamic candidates for the following position:
PROJECT MANAGER – 1 (NNDSWO's Central Office)
To ensure effective and efficient management of the Project by establishing strong coordination among consortium members and providing technical backstopping to the project team in order to achieve project's objectives.
- Lead project team for efficient and effective management of the project,
- Develop annual/quarterly plan and budget to meet project objectives
- Ensure implementation of activities as per the project action plan in an appropriate standard,
- Monitor project activities against plan and ensure these are on time, within budget and are leading the progress towards objectives,
- Ensure all required financial and narrative reports are produced on time
- Ensure all programme results are properly reported and communicated to donors, beneficiaries and other stakeholders;
- Develop and maintain good and strong relationships with donor and other consortium partners, district offices, government agencies, civil society and other stakeholders
- Master's degree in social science or management disciplines with four years’ project management experience
- Good understanding of socio-economic and political context of Nepal
- Good understanding of RBA, Advocacy, Dalit and women rights issues
- Proven experience of project cycle management (Previous EU funded project management experience will be counted)
- Knowledge on compliances for EU contract and local laws
- LFA, M&E and reporting skills
- Planning and budgeting skills
- Research and data analysis skills
- Communication and coordination skills
- Problem solving, personal management and time management
- Presentation and facilitation skills
- Good command on computer application including MS Excel
- Fluency in Nepali and English both in written and spoken
- Professional integrity, courtesy and practice of good governance in all works and personal outputs;
- Teamwork & good working relationship with other NNDSWO members and staff;
- Follow the Code of Conduct, policies, norm, constitution and values of NNDSWO;
- Organizational loyalty committed to work towards the sustainability and development of NNDSWO;
- Proactively and creatively seek out opportunities to progress the Dalit rights and promote non-discrimination at every level;
- Ensure the official confidentiality of NNDSWO in any external communications;
- Willingness to conduct field visits as and when required;
- Person who can demonstrate time flexibility.
OUR COMMITMENT TO SAFEGUARDING:
NNDSWO is fully committed to preventing any type of inappropriate behavior at workplace including sexual harassment, caste and gender based discrimination, exploitation and abuse, lack of professional integrity and financial misconduct and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. NNDSWO expects all office bearers, staff and volunteers to fully comply with our core values, principles and our code of conduct. We are committed to recruit only those who share and demonstrate our values.
Applicants are requested to send their updated CV and a motivation letter mentioning minimum salary expectation by 15 December 2019. Please send your application via e-mail to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further test. Telephone enquiry will not be entertained. Preference will be given to female, dalit and person from marginalized communities.
Note: NNDSWO reserves the right to accept or reject applications without assigning any reasons whatsoever.
|Administrative / Management|
|Please check details below.|
|Please check vacancy details|
|02 Dec, 19|
|15 Dec, 19|