Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
We seek to recruit a Community Organizer to be our field representative to organise the rural communities for motivating, educating, organising, supervising our various health/educational/environmental and economic development collaborative projects at the grassroots level.
COMMUNITY ORGANIZER: As a member of the Community Management team, the Grassroots Community Organizer is responsible for supporting the public affairs department of Around Good People through activities related to grassroots outreach and community partnerships to increase public awareness of Around Good People’s health, educational, social entrepreneurship and other relatedgrassroots efforts across the districts in Nepal.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Recruit for, plan, and participate in a range of grassroots advocacy activities such as supporter recruitment, patient engagement and campus groups;
- Oversee volunteer work done by international interns and volunteers
- Develop and implement grassroots outreach strategy that supports the goals of Around Good People in its various health, educational and economic activities, advocacies and activisms.
- Provide a visible community presence for Around Good People by actively seeking opportunities for the affiliate to increase its public presence;
- Represent Around Good People at community events
- Maintain documantations, liaise with various governmental and other stake holders
- Assist in communicating, to internal and external stakeholders, information about public policy and leg
- al issues relevant to the affiliate’s interests through group meetings, newsletter articles, letters to the partner agencies/organisations and activists, letters to the editor, and other digital social media forums;
- Develop and maintain activist databases providing regular communications, and devising methods to add new communities, solidarity supporters; and
- Ensure a culture that embraces diversity, fair and respectful treatment of all persons, and customer-focused delivery throughout the organization
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Social Service/AgroForestry/Public Health/Economics/Business, etc.) OR Minimum of 2 years of community organizing experience.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills that enable work in a collaborative and multi-faceted team environment
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Extensive computer skills, including competency in Microsoft Office software, affiliate email, Internet, and social media
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to organize, multi-task and effectively function in a fast paced environment to set and achieve short and long term goals
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Ability to continuously maintain data and develop reports when necessary
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel. Reliable means of transportation
- A “Can Do” attitude and positive energy that will reflect in all projects and representation of organization
- Strong commitment to quality healthcare, economic upliftment of the weaker sections of the society and excellent customer service
- The position involves extensive tours and visitations to the fringe/weaker communities in the rural areas. Expertise in IT skills and graphics will be added advantage. Girl canditates are actively encouraged to apply.
- The position is the feeder cadre for organisation’s mid-level management posts. The initial engagement is a paid internship for 3 months which may be extended leading to a permanent position subsequently for the suitable candidate.
Internship Salary : Rs 20,000 p.m. TA/DA is admissible. The engagement will start immediate after the closure of the last day of filing in the application.
Apply: with CV, Facebook ID, Recent Passport Photo and a contact number with an essay in max 800 words on " Why am I suitable for the position?" to:
There will be a telephonic screening and online interview. Incomplete applications will not be entertained.
|20000 NRs per month|
|Intern / Trainees|
|29 Jul, 18|
|28 Aug, 18|