1. Promote inclusive and enterprise-driven economic growth
2. Strengthen governance of public service delivery
3. Foster resilience in local communities
Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Daayitwa strives for an enterprising Nepal where every youth has opportunities for a prosperous future. Launched formally in 2012 as NGO (but active since 2008), Daayitwa nurtures young change agents to accelerate the impact of their business, policy and civic innovations and foster enterprising mindset by:
- Promoting inclusive and enterprise-led economic growth,
- Strengthening governance of inclusive enterprise ecosystem and
- Bolstering community engagement for enhanced livelihoods.
Daayitwa enhances leadership and innovation capacity in young business, policy and civic entrepreneurs through three major programs: Rural Enterprise Acceleration Program (REAP), Daayitwa Public Service Fellowship (DSF) and Yuwa Aaja! Domestic Youth Employment Campaign.
As Nepal strives to graduate from LDC to developing country status in 2022, youth, who are a demographic majority, can be a critical engine for accelerating change. However, Nepalese youth face high unemployment rate of 46% and the 400,000 youth that consequently seek foreign labor permits every year risk not finding equitable and gainful employment abroad. In fact, limited domestic job opportunities have driven some youth to take up entrepreneurship as a survival strategy. In addressing these aforementioned youth employment challenges, it is critical to treat youth not just as beneficiaries but also advocates, agents and actors of the development process. The ‘’Yuwa Aaja! Desh Bhari Yuwa Rojgari” project operates based on the following theory of change: if innovation and leadership capability of youth is enhanced, they will productively tackle policy and practice barriers to youth employment through reform campaigns, thus becoming better advocates, agents, and actors for development processes in Nepal.
Aligned with this theory of change, the major project objectives are to:
- Develop understanding of supply and demand side barriers to youth employment
- Build capability of youth to lead innovative responses to identified barriers
- Promote direct participation of youth in the development process
- Harvest knowledge and engage stakeholders
The Communications Officer is responsible for providing critical support in the development of content for promotional activities, in planning and execution of programs under the civic engagement program. He/she will oversee all internal and external communications functions of Yuwa. He/she will play a critical role in the outreach efforts of the project, and carry out daily engagement in building good will of the organization at large.
- Develop, implement and manage communication strategies to increase visibility, publicity and outreach of the organization
- Create contents which includes, write ups, stories, press releases, social media posts, newsletters etc. in collaboration with different Daayitwa clusters.
- Coordinate dissemination of content and official correspondence to the public through relevant media tools.
- Regularly update content and information on the Daayitwa website.
- Contribute to developing content for Yuwa Aaja! campaigns and yearly reports
- Devise social media campaigns for different components of the Yuwa Aaja! campaign and help in implementing them.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Development, Social Studies, or Political Science or a related discipline from an accredited academic institution with two years of experience; Or High School degree in above field with relevant professional experience
- Should have prior experience in content development
- Should be a savvy user of various social media platforms
- Excellent computer literacy, including proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
- Self-starter and team-player with enthusiasm for continuous learning and sharing
- Willingness to learn and work hard. Growth mindset is key.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a diverse, team-oriented environment
- Strong motivation, self-starter, and organizational/time management skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks at a time within deadline
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English and Nepali
|Communications / Broadcasting|
|Full Time / Contract|
|B.Devs. (Bachelors in Devlopment Studies)|
|10 May, 19|
|09 Jun, 19|