Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Position Title: Field Supervisor
Position Objective: Technical and supervision support for construction of 22 school construction sites in Ramechhap and Sindhuli
Position Duration: 12 Months renewable
After their schools have been destroyed or damaged by the 2015 earthquakes, many Nepali children had to drop out of school or to attend classes in unfavorable conditions, either outside or in temporary classrooms with little protection from the elements. Others have had to enroll further away from home, burdening their families with boarding or transportation costs.
In spite of significant efforts to rebuild educational facilities, there are still major gaps in permanent school reconstruction, leaving children from the most underserved Districts behind. According to the Nepal Reconstruction Authority (NRA), Central-Level Project Implementation Unit of the Nepalese Ministry of Education (MoE-CLPIU), over 9,000 school buildings were affected and 7553 were damaged across the country due to devastating 2015 earthquake in Nepal. In total, 21,169 classrooms completely collapsed, 12,522 classrooms were severely damaged and 15,990 classrooms were damaged partially. As of December 2018, reconstruction of only 4172 schools has been achieved or ongoing.
Realizing the contextual need in the education sector, Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs with the support UNOPS, proposed to address these gaps in remote districts through the reconstruction of new 142 class rooms in 24 new school buildings and have aimed to reach 5520 beneficiaries in remote earthquake-affected Districts of Nepal.
The Project Scope
The scope of the construction works in each school is limited to;
- Construction of a new classroom building of either 4, 6 or 8 classrooms.
- Construction of a new toilet block
- Securing the boundary of the school with a chain link fence and gate.
Within this main scope, the requirement to address land stabilization (retaining walls), solar provision for lighting and small power, minor external works around the new proposed buildings have been included.
We are to construct these new schools in 4 Districts in Nepal as follows;
- Ramechaapdistrict - 13 schools
- Sindhulidistrict - 9 schools
- Kathmandu district - 1 special needs school
- Bhaktapur district - 1 special needs school
For each school site in Sindhuli and Ramechhap, the project shall be requiring a Field Supervisor to be stationed on site throughout the construction period. This means a total of 22 Field Supervisors will be required.
Roles, Deliverables & Expected Outputs
Description of Role
- Work under the direct supervision and guidance of Associate District Engineers responsible for the work site.
- Work as on-site representative of the implementing agency (UNOPS) and supervises the work being performed by contractor.
- Responsible for observing the work being performed and reporting any deviations from plan and specification.
- Bring to the attention of the Associate District Engineer any unforeseen field conditions in time for remedial measures to be taken without creating delays in work or changes in existing work to correct a problem.
- The field supervisor is the on-site eyes and ears of the employer and should be capable of evaluating field problems and submitting competent recommendations to his supervisor.
- Be conversant with mobile construction mobile tablet-based monitoring applications and use the application for monitoring of houses being constructed from the start to completion. Collect collaborative pictures through each phase of house construction.
- Liaise and coordinate with SMC, local government bodies/DLPIU engineers, community leaders and other relevant stakeholders on technical issues if required.
- Shall be present on the construction site at all working hours ensuring that contractor carries out construction works as per plan, drawings, specifications and contract documentation.
- Support in preparing the daily site report, weekly reports and monthly progress reports as instructed by the Associate District Engineer.
- Ensure safeguards requirements for HSSE and Gender are adequately addressed in the construction sites.
- Provide daily and weekly reports through the tablet software back to the Associate District Engineers
- Material delivery and labour personnel details quality check reports completed on time and issues reported back up to the ADE.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- Completion of diploma in civil Engineer with relevant years of experience may be accepted in lieu.
Work Experience, Language & other Mandatory Requirements
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in the building construction field is required.
- Diploma education with minimum 5 years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu.
- Working knowledgein Microsoft Office and internet. Ability to maintain various types of documentation in English is required.
- Certificate from Nepal Engineering Council for engineering degree holders.
- Working knowledge of English and fluency in Nepali is mandatory.
- Fair knowledge in operating smart phone and sharing the project informations such as project pictures, georeferences etc.. via mobile messaging Apps is mandatory.
- Professional knowledge of earthquake resistant design and construction of buildings will be an advantage.
- Good communication, rapport building, planning and reporting skills will be an advantage.
|Please check vacancy details.|
|B.E. in Civil|
|14 Jul, 19|
|29 Jul, 19|
Special Instructions for Applicants:
Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
NEPAL WATER FOR HEALTH (NEWAH)
Job Description for the post of Fund-Raising Coordinator
Summary of Position
To be responsible for raising funds for NEWAH in line with its fund-raising strategy
Reports to the Director
- To develop a year wise fundraising plan and activities in line with NEWAH's fund raising strategy
- To assess donor landscape
- To raise at least USD 100,000.00 by the end of 2019 and asstated in the strategy for the following years
- To develop wining proposals and submit to potential donors for funding
- To prepare report to donors as per their requirements and maintain a good empathy of a partner organization
- To develop fundraising materials as required
- To remain updated on any fundraising opportunities in country & globally
- To remain prepared withready project proposals for submission to donors on demand at a very short notice
- To network and establish link and communication with major donors in country & with possible collaborative partners
- To work in coordination and harmony with every staff at all levels
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as assigned by the line manager
- At least Bachelor's degree from recognized university with two years of experience preferably in the related field
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in both English &Nepali
- Computer skill in Word, Excel & Power Point for windows
- Ability to plan and execute a wide range of activities on time
- Ability to work hard under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to initiate and complete task to a high standard with minimum supervision
- A genuine interest in development and empathy with NEWAH's work and ethos
- This position is based in NEWAH Headquarters, Kathmandu with occasional visits to the field to understand NEWAH’s work on ground and to prepare proposals based on the ground reality.
Salary and Benefits (F Level)
- Starting Salary NRS 42,000.00 per Month
- Dearness Allowance NRS 18,300.00
- One-month Dashain Bonus of Basic salary
- PF as per rules.
- Accidental & Medical insurance as per rules.
- Total 33 annual leave and 15 days public holiday.
- Others: As per the rules of the organization.
|04 Jul, 19|
|24 Jul, 19|
|Please check details below|