Founded in 1960, Tdh helps to build a better future for disadvantaged children and their communities, with innovative approached matched to practical and sustainable solutions.
Active in more than 30 countries and in Nepal since 1985, Tdh develops and implements projects to allow a better daily life for children and their close relatives, particularly in the domains of health and protection. Tdh is financed by individual and institutional donors, with 87% of funding directly benefiting programs and the children Tdh works with.
All of Tdh’s work and commitments with governments, communities and children is provided without any re
click here to view more company profile...
Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Terre des hommes foundation (Tdh) is a child protection focused Swiss INGO that has been active in Nepal for 32 years. Tdh Nepal delegation is seeking a qualified and dynamic Nepali woman candidate for the following position.
Position Title: Child Labour and Migration Programme Coordinator
Reporting to: Head of Programme (HoP)
Work Station: Kathmandu with travel throughout Nepal as required
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Overall management, development and supervision of Tdh Nepal’s Child Labour and Migration Programmes as well as components of Child Protection, Children and Youth participation, Juvenile Justice and CP-related projects or components – in line with Tdh policies, strategies and plans, thematic indicators and child protection principles.
- Provide strategic direction, leadership and capacity building to the CL & M programme staff (CL& Migration Managers)
- Provide and/or facilitate technical and project cycle management support to Tdh’s Migration and Child Labour project partners as required
- Proactively support fundraising activities including writing concept notes, proposals and identifying appropriate donors
- Represent Tdh Nepal and liaise regularly with relevant entities of Government of Nepal, UN agencies and I/NGOs
- Promote and ensure the principles of child protection and child participation are respected within the Tdh project and with identified child protection resources
- Support an institutional culture that encourages critical thinking, collective learning and teamwork, as part of the organisation’s focus on quality and accountability.
- Function as a Child Safeguarding focal person within the organization.
- Lead the institutionalization and mainstream Child Protection Minimum Standards (CPMS) in Tdh programmes/projects
Specific roles and responsibilities:
Strategic Programme Management and Development
- Steer strategically the Migration and Child Labour programmes as well as the Child Protection, Youth participation, Juvenile Justice and CP-related activities, in coordination with Country Representative and Deputy CR
- Contribute to defining and proactively implement the strategic directions of the said programmes and activities, using operations strategy, action plans and relevant follow-up or monitoring tools
- Participate in developing and updating institutional strategies, strategic country guidelines and policies
- Contribute to Senior Management meetings, related reflections and provide inputs
- Ensure the development of sound and relevant needs assessments, project concepts, approaches, proposals etc. in line with Tdh’s project cycle manual and donor requirements and to develop a deep understanding of field reality and beneficiaries’ needs and issues.
- Budget establishment, implementation, monitoring, project reporting, project steering and quality assurance, partners management, regular liaison with donor focal points, hosting field visits, lobbying and advocacy strategies and representation of Tdh in network meetings and/or workshops
- In collaboration with the Country Representative and Head of Programme and the team, coordinate the needs of the target populations in order to readjust the ongoing projects if necessary
- Develop quarterly strategic action plans in coordination with partners and Tdh staff to ensure the Tdh Nepal child protection projects/Migration and Child labour projects are meeting their objectives
- Carry out regular partner meetings and field monitoring of project activities and outcomes, bringing a critical look to activities, outcomes, challenges, solutions, adjustments and impact.
- Lead the institutionalization and mainstream CPMS in Tdh emergency preparedness and response
- Monthly analysis of budget vs. actuals, adjustments in programme spending and allocations
- Establish, liaise and maintain a network of contacts in both the UN Agencies, Bilateral Multilateral donors, foundations I/NGO and relevant entities of Government of Nepal in the area of Migration and Child Labour in Nepal to ensure Tdh visibility and best practice is being achieved
- Coordination with the Admin and Finance Departments to ensure budget monitoring, expenditure etc. as required
- Create conditions for a good flow of operational information between the delegation, partners and concerned actors
- Coach the team, provide relevant support and strengthen their management capacity where required
- Evaluate the staff under his/her direct responsibility on a regular basis; assess their training/capacities building needs and identify solutions to address these.
- Explore and identify potential funding partners for the CL & M and CP-related projects
- Prepare or adjust proposals based on donors formats and requirements
Advocacy – Representation – Networking
- Support and facilitate advocacy projects and strategies relating to his/her sector in coordination with the thematic advisor, headquarters and other partners
- In emergencies, coordinate with all the agencies in his/her field of activity represented in the country as part of the inter-agency processes of evaluation, planning and coordination of responses
Education / Qualifications
- Master degree in Management, Development Studies, Human Rights, Law, Political Science, Sociology or related discipline(s)
- At least five years of progressively responsible working experience in managing projects especially in, Child labour, Migration, Trafficking and/ or Child protection
- Experience on Juvenile Justice, GBV, women empowerment and CPMS are assets
- Visible experience of dealing with contemporary issues and approaches in child protection and child rights
- Experience of management including e.g. team, project, financial, and partnership management
- Experience and willingness to travel to and work with remote and underprivileged communities
- Ability to work independently and make decisions, as well as to provide support and advice
- Excellent conceptual and strategic analysis skills including problem-solving skill
- Discipline, precision, transparency and intellectual honesty
- Flexibility, availability and adaptability; results-oriented focus and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to learn from experiences, capitalizing on errors and seizing opportunities
- Proactive, ability to take initiatives; critical perspective and bring about improvement to projects, concepts and approaches
- Solid understanding of Project Cycle Management (PCM), project design and Theory of Change (ToC)
- Excellent time management, good team player, meeting management skills; ability to think strategically and efficiently manage tasks & priorities.
- Written, communication and proposal writing skills, including proofreading and editing of documents
- Efficient partnership management skills
- Excellent command of English and Nepali language (written and spoken)
- Good computer literacy & skills, including online collaboration tools.
Salary and benefits: As per Tdh’s salary scale; the salary and benefits are commensurate with academic qualification, experience and competency plus provident fund, gratuity, health insurance package, children education and communication allowances.
Deadline to receive applications (Closing Date): 29 March, 2019
If you are interested to apply for the position please follow this link. Please click here for online application
All employees of Tdh must be willing to adhere to the Tdh child safeguarding and risk management policies. Prior to appointment, a thorough background check will be made to ensure the successful candidate is suitable to have contact with children.
Terre des hommes Foundation promotes workforce diversity. This position is only for the Women candidates. Women candidates from minority or disadvantaged groups and disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be considered for further process. No telephone queries will be entertained. The recruitment and selection procedures of Terre des hommes Foundation reflect our commitment towards child protection. Tdh reserves the rights not to select any of the candidates.
|Please check vacancy details.|
|Please check vacancy details|
|15 Mar, 19|
|29 Mar, 19|