Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Contract: Fixed Term - 28 months (Feb 2019-June 2021) | Band J | Region: South Asia | Country: Nepal | Location: Kathmandu | Department: Education & Society |
PURPOSE OF JOB:
As the project assistant for Schools this role will support effective implementation of the British Council’s schools work in Nepal in line with the country, regional and corporate strategies ensuring financial, administrative and logistical support is provided for the effective delivery of the programme.
Accountabilities Responsibilities and Main Duties:
This position is responsible for programme delivery support which will include logistical support, event management and back office finance and administrative management and reporting to the Schools Project Officer.
- Support implementation of the project’s key components
- Provide overall administrative and financial support for the project’s activities including logistics for events and programmes
- Reporting on progress against M&E component of Connecting Classroom to Schools Project Officer and Schools Project Manager
- Work closely with the Schools project, Schools Project Manager and Head of Schools to ensure the successful implementation of the Schools project in Nepal.
- Support delivery of International Schools Awards (ISA)
- Support the effective delivery and promotion of partnership and professional development and grant support to schools in Nepal.
- Arrange for timely data collection and process of M&E returns and scorecard
- Arrange all logistics and support for the delivery of delivery of professional development workshops.
- Maintain a database of partners, stakeholders, teachers and trainers associated with Schools projects and update regularly.
- Manage tickets, visa and other logistics, if any, for international visits for T1s and T2s as per country and regional strategy.
- Provide financial and administrative support to Schools projects as per requirement throughout the year. This includes creating purchase orders, scanning invoices, following up with vendors and liaising with the finance hub.
Please apply if you meet the essential criteria for this vacancy. If you are interested to apply, for further information please see the Link below:
External Link for External Applicant:
Closing date: UK time: 23:59, 26 December 2018
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity. British Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of its partners to share this commitment. In line with the British Council’s Child Protection policy, any appointment is contingent on thorough checks. In the UK, and in other countries where appropriate systems exist, these include criminal records checks.
|Administrative / Management|
|Please check vacancy details.|
|Please check vacancy details|
|14 Dec, 18|
|26 Dec, 18|