Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Chemonics International Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTION/SCOPE OF WORK
TITLE: Administrative Officer
PROJECT: USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) Project in Nepal
General Summary and Background: The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain– Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project in Nepal is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of USG-funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and Population and Reproductive Health. In supporting USG-funded global health activities, PSM will develop and manage a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain.
At the country level, PSM supports country strategies and priorities that fall under the following three project objectives:
- Global Commodity Procurement and Logistics
- Systems Strengthening Technical Assistance
- Global Collaboration to Improve Long-Term Availability of Health Commodities
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Oversee the basic administrative systems to ensure compliance with USAID and Chemonics policies.
- Ensure project compliance with the USAID, Nepal government and Chemonics home office human resource practices related to recruitment and hiring. Maintain personnel records in compliance with USAID regulations and local laws, including leave accrual and use, and ensuring timesheet accuracy.
- Draft employment contracts for field employees.
- Be the custodian of petty cash fund, including disbursing of funds, recording expenses and ensuring receipts are received.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of all project equipment, showing location, user, owner, and condition.
- Maintenance of the physical office and procurement of all office equipment, furniture, supplies and services.
- Draft and proof RFQ/RFP packages to ensure conformity with applicable procedures for review.
- Assist, participate and/or witness evaluation panels for significant procurement actions.
- Draft for the review, comment and prepare negotiation memorandums to ensure that all FAR specified topics are fully and competently addressed.
- Support in managing the subcontracts, including invoices, administration performance, and management of physical and electronic files.
- Properly record the solicitation files (hard-copy and digital) to ensure that all required documentation is on-hand in audit-ready condition.
- Record all subcontract documentation including tracking what has been received, what is still outstanding, and filing documents as needed.
- Coordinate working with the technical teams to gather specifications and information necessary to move forward with competition, evaluation, and award.
- Prepare all necessary pre-award and solicitation documents for subcontracts.
- Receive proposals and applications and oversee the evaluation process.
- Assist in the negotiation of subcontracts, claims, and termination settlements.
- Maintain relevant internal databases and files; keep track of contractual agreements.
- Prepare PAR and draft all procurement documents i.e. Blanket Purchase Agreements, Purchase Orders, Subcontracts, RFQs/RFPs and Evaluation formats.
- Draft Negotiation Memos and process of vendor payments to finance.
- Oversee the purchase of office supplies and other small to mid-size procurements.
- Obtain documentation and approval for all transactions.
- Research the status of invoices/payments, as required.
- Maintain tracking systems such as procurement and approvals; collect and review proposals/quotations from bidders and potential vendors and provides information and support to evaluation panels for non-technical procurements.
- Support logistics for local and international travelers including visa process.
- Supervise support staff Admin Assistant and Drivers.
- Perform any other administrative tasks assigned by supervisor to ensure efficient and smooth support to the project.
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant experience in the field of Administration, Procurement & Subcontracting activities, preferably with Chemonics International, USAID projects,or other international organizations;
- University degree in Business Administration, economics, or other relevant fields;
- Previous professional experience with international donor programs;
- In depth knowledge of the operating, subcontract, and procurement environment in Nepal;
- Demonstrated ability to work productively within a team or individually;
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively;
- Fluency in Nepalese and advanced English in required;
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion and to maintain confidentiality;
- The Administrative Officer will report to the Operations and Field Support Director
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment
This position is based in Kathmandu, Nepal with a start date of Jan 2, 2019.
Application Instructions:Please send your CV and cover letter by 14 December 2018 to email@example.com. Please include “Administrative Officer” in the subject line. Finalists will be contacted.
|Administrative / Management|
|BBA / BBM|
|05 Dec, 18|
|14 Dec, 18|