Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Nepal Red Cross Society, Community Empowerment for Health Promotion Programme (CEHP) Nepalgunj invites applications from suitable and qualified Nepali citizen for the following position.
Position: Admin and Finance Assistant
Level: 4 (Four)
Duty Station: Province 5 (Dang district), Province Karnali (West Rukum and Kalikot district)
Minimum Requirements: SLC from recognized institution. Preference will be given to candidate passed 10+2 in commerce/management. At least 2 years of extensive practical experience in the field of development program in finance and administrative sector. Good understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Need excellent communication, facilitation & motivation skills. Ability to communicate and write reports both in English and Nepali languages. Computer skills include use of accounting software system and use of Office Applications. Age bar is 18-35 yrs.
The Community Empowerment for Health Promotion Programme(CEHP) is implemented by the Nepal Red Cross Society (NRCS) with the support of Swiss Red Cross (SRC). SRC has been providing financial and technical support to the program since 2001. The new phase-VII of the programme is being implemented from July 2018 to June 2021, which has two components- Health and WASH.
Under the direct supervision of Community Empowerment for Health PromotionProgramme (CEHP) and NRCS District Chapter, the Finance and Admin Assistant maintains the effective and efficient financial procedures and administrative support to programme that includes: monitoring of funding; production of regular management accounts and reports; management of income and expenditure; maintenance of financial systems and procedures and support in administrative works of 'Community Action for Health Project (Project code- 443273) and 'Community Action for WASH Project (Project code- 443274.
The employee is expected to work with the highest degree of moral behavior and conduct adhering to the Red Cross Movement Code of Conduct and seven principles. The code of conduct is integral part of the working contract.
The employee will also provide support to other projects (if needed) without hampering the services of core project(s) supported by NRCS CEHP.
Duties and Responsibilities
The employee supports to maintain financial and administrative procedures, and update the accounts in the project's accounting software system as prescribed by the rules, regulation and guideline of Programmein a timely, efficient and sensible manner. The employee should report to District Program Coordinator. Detailed scope of work includes:
- Collect the financial documents from the field, verify the documents, carry out book keeping and prepare necessary vouchers.
- Carry out data entry and voucher posting in project's account software
- Prepare monthly financial reports and submit e-copy and hard copies of the reports including supporting documents to the concerned authorities on time.
- Ensure proper recording of all financial approvals, invoices/receipts/cheques, financial reports
- Support to prepare the project level different agreements and record properly
- Prepare Fund request sheet and monthly financial reports and submit to the concerned authorities on time.
- Provide assistance to District Program Coordinator and team to review the expenditure status andalso to prepare thebudget plan.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation statement
- Provide logistic support to the team members to conduct the workshops, trainings and different activities in the field
- Oversee all financial operations at district including cash management, payroll, financial disbursements, and procurement process.
- Assist to supply the received IEC/BCC materials to the program area
- Keep leave records and time sheet of the staff and maintain proper filing of the documents.
- Support in internal, external, physical audit of the programmeat the district
- Make visit to the programme areas to monitor and observe progress and analyze with the financial aspects.
- Orient to the members of community level networks to enhance their capacity onfinancial record keeping and management as per need
- Support in develop/design financial formats as required.
- Update and orient to the programme staff on the latest financial policies, guidelines and procedures
- Fulfill other specific assignments given by NRCSCEHP
Contract period for the position is one year with possibility of extension.
Women and candidates from disadvantaged/marginalized groups/communitiesare highly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates may submit their applications along with latest bio-data, together with a recent photo with details of two referees to email@example.com August 17, 2018. Only short listed candidates will be called at Nepalgunj officefor further selection process.
|SLC / TSLC|
|02 Aug, 18|
|17 Aug, 18|