Shechen Karuna Nepal is working in Nepal since 2020 with the vision to create a just society without poverty, a society in which all women and men live a life of dignity, enjoy their rights as active citizens of Nepal. Through integrated development program it aims to provide people with better livelihood opportunities, improved health conditions, sustained environment, quality education and continued economic development, ensuring that development-related activities are demand driven and sustainable. As defined by the VISION 2025, a strategic guidance, Shechen Karuna Nepal has been working in three regions Terai, Mid-Hills and High-Hills (mountains) in five inter-connected thematic sectors; 1. Health and Hygiene 2. Education 3. Food Security 4. Economic Development 5. Environment By working in these sectors, Shechen Karuna aims to provide people with opportunities to reduce poverty, vulnerability and inequality, ensuring that development-related activities are gender sensitive, socially inclusive, demand driven and sustainable, and that the most vulnerable are empowered to sustained their effort. Shechen Karuna works in close coordination local governments and civil society organizations to support marginalized, socially excluded and economically poor communities.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
HEALTH PROMOTER – 3 positions (Dhading – 1 and Sindhuli – 2)
Location/Duty Station – Dhading and Sindhuli
Terms of Reference (ToR)
General responsibilities (Overall purpose):
The role of the Health Promoter will focus on smooth implementation of planned activities under Health and Hygiene thematic areas under the direct supervision of District Program Coordinator and line managed by Program Manager (Health and Hygiene Thematic Head).
Specific roles and responsibilities:
- Implement pregnant women congratulation program with the coordination of HMG, FCHVs and health facilities for their behavior change on health and WASH.
- Support to mobilize FCHVs for screening of malnourished cases in community level and refer to screened cases in assigned health facilities.
- Effective implementation of meeting with couple of pregnant and lactating women at community level with the coordination of ward and health facility.
- Regular mobilization of trained campaign to community level for the promotion of health and WASH key behaviors.
- Implement day’s celebration programs on health and WASH activities in community level, ward level and palika level.
- Helps in organizing meetings, seminars, workshops at Ward and palika level for SK.
- Work closely with the Health Manager and Field/ Palika Coordinator and provide inputs in work plan, implementation, timeline and deliverables related to health and WASH programs.
- Maintain regular coordination with ward representatives, Health facilities, FCHVs, HMGs, and CBOs; exchange information of ongoing Health and WASH activities; participate and organize monthly/quarterly meetings, make presentations, joint field visits plans etc.
- Maintain strong relationship with the Health Personnel, FCHVs, and HMGs in community.
- Participate and facilitate meetings of Health and WASH programs at community level with the participation of 1000 days mothers, FCHVs, HMGs and HPs.
- Identify opportunities in community through red book activities of local level and facilitate ward and local level to allocate more budgets on health and WASH program.
- Conduct regular field visits in the project areas in Community to improve the healthy behavior through the interpersonal counseling by use of IEC tools and materials;
- Coordination with concern stakeholders, FCHVs in community and participate in community stakeholders meeting and ward level meetings; facilitate joint field visits; share and update field findings with the wards and local level.
- Work in close coordination with the other Health promoters for strategic planning, work plan and activities.
- Home visits to household, and counseling to decision makers and 1000 days women for healthy behaviors by using Job aids and IEC materials. .
- Participate in the Palika level monthly meeting of SK and present updates, learning and challenges.
- Participate in ward and local level meetings of Health and WASH to share and promote National policy, guidelines, plans and tools and materials on health and WASH program.
- Provide project activity related information, photos etc. for the SK Monthly Progress Reports.
Education / Qualifications
- AHW or ANM or +2 passed at least 2 years experiences in related field.
Other experience and requirements
- At least 2 years of professional experience in agriculture sector at community level
- Knowledge of functionalities of Local Government is desirable
- Proven experience in implementation of projects in coordination with local government and stakeholders
- Strong commitment and willingness to live and work with remote and underprivileged communities
(Note: Preference will be given to the qualified local candidates)
- Good command Nepali language (written and spoken); Understanding of English language would be an added advantage
- Preference to the understanding of local language like Tamang.
To apply for the position, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org– with an updated CV and motivation letter mentioning the position applied for in the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: Thursday, 26 January 2023
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
Contract Duration: Regular position, with annual renewal basis January to December yearly
The position is contingent upon approval receipt from Social Welfare Council for 2023 proposal.
Offered Salary: Basic starting from NPR 25,000 and with other fringe benefits as per labor law and HR policy of organization.
Due to urgent priority to fill in the position, recruitment can be held on a rolling basis and Karuna Shechen Nepal reserves the right to select a candidate prior to the deadline.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further selection process. Telephone inquiries will not be entertained.
Canvassing at any stage of the recruitment process shall lead to automatic disqualification and Shechen Karuna reserves the right to qualify/disqualify any applications without any reason.