Head of Finance (HoF)
DanChurchAid is an independent and humanitarian Danish organisation with a vision of a world without hunger, poverty and oppression, in which popular and political powers constantly work strongly and actively for a just and sustainable distribution and use of the earth’s resources. We have been supporting development work in Nepal since the 1980s. We focus on Inclusive Citizenship for Accountable Governance, Resilient Livelihoods and Sustainable Food Security, Humanitarian Response and Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change and Innovation in Nepal to improve the life of the most marginalized communities in some of the most remote and vulnerable regions of Nepal, through a rights-based approach.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
DCA Nepal is looking for an experienced and motivated candidate for the position of Head of Finance (HoF), who can contribute to the strategic financial management, oversight and development of the Nepal Country Programme as well as to the strategic development and capacity building of our national partners. As the HoF you will work closely with around 30 colleagues actively supporting the programme activities and thereby contribute to improving the lives of communities in Nepal. You will report directly to the Country Director and will be a member of the Senior Management Team. You will be responsible for the office’s financial management of programmes, projects and office running costs, as well as for providing technical and managerial support to the partners, monitoring progress of the programme portfolio, collaborating closely with concerned government and civil society networks, documentation, and reporting.
Your main responsibilities
- In cooperation with the Senior Management Team (SMT) you will ensure that funds entrusted to the Nepal Country Office are handled in a transparent, efficient and effective manner, as well as for strategic financial management and oversight of the Nepal programme;
- You will have the responsibility for the office’s financial management of programmes, projects and office running costs, in close cooperation with other staff as relevant, as well as providing technical and managerial support to the partners, monitoring progress of the programme portfolio, collaborating closely with concerned government and civil society networks, documentation and reporting.
- Contribute to the strategic development of the programme;
- Management of the finance team, delegating work and training staff as appropriate and ensuring that manuals, formats, procedures, systems are known and used accurately;
- Ensure timely development of budgets and financial aspects of project reporting, and will be responsible for meeting internal as well as external deadlines in relation to finance. You are also overall responsible for administration and office management;
- You will hold joint responsibility for timely submission of financial reports, audit, and other compliance issues including procurement, funding, communication.
Additional responsibilities include
- Network and attend relevant coordination meetings at national level;
- Build and develop meaningful and effective relationship with partners at all levels, other NGOs in country and regionally, donors and with other people of importance to DCAs work;
- Contributing to a culture of excellence, continuous improvement and performance optimization across all teams;
- Working in accordance with DCA values and humanitarian principles;
- Maintaining effective working relationship with other members of the team;
- Being a role model for diversity and inclusion, as well as for contributing to positive team spirit;
- Build and maintain links to relevant units at Headquarters as the main point of entry to International Finance Unit. Provide feedback to HQ in order to improve systems and procedures.
What you bring
- A relevant Master’s Degree in Financial Management or related field
- At least 10 years of relevant experience, at least 3 of which must have been in an INGO or international organization in a similar role
- Proven experience of capacity building, and learning and development plans of both own staff and partner organizations
- In-depth knowledge of contractual and compliance requirements from bilateral and multilateral donors, in particular the EU, UK and US governments, the UN, Private Foundation and Trust Funds.
- Proven experience of procurement and supply chain, including ensuring compliance, internal controls, and anti-corruption
- Strong communications skills. Proficiency in written and spoken English and Nepali
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Cultural sensitivity, patience, resourcefulness and adaptability.
What we offer
- A one-year renewable contract
- A very competitive salary and benefits package
- 4 weeks of paid vacation leave
- Comprehensive health insurance plan
- Learning and development opportunities
An opportunity to make a difference and improve the lives of communities DCA is working within Nepal
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Qualified and interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, religion or ethnic affiliation are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
To apply please log into the below link
Only applications consisting of the below will be considered:
- Cover Letter (max 1 page),
- CV (max 3 pages), and
- Answers provided to the online-application questions
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for applications will be Friday, 22nd October 2021
DCA conducts an anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment with us.
Everyone applying for a job with DCA must be ready to comply with our Staff Policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment and our Child Safeguarding Policy.
Telephone inquiry will not be entertained