Head Chef - Italian, European Restaurant
Our place is a perfect blend of re-visiting Victorian era and it’s intriguingly unique ambiance makes Vesper one of the most visited and loved restaurants in Nepal. We aim to serve simple yet authentic Italian food and fine wines with great hospitality within a relaxed environment.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Head Chef - Italian, European cuisine
Position: Head Chef (Full Time)
Experience: 6+ years
We are conducting a search for an outstanding and talented Head Chef for our well-known and respected Italian, European Restaurant facility within our first-class Wine house property in Jhamsikhel, Lalitpur - Patan.
13 years acclaimed The Vesper Café & Restaurant enjoyed an excellent reputation of being one of the best restaurants in the city and in the area. Highlights of our restaurant would be pleasing and elegant ambiance, high level of cuisine, wines and impeccable service.
- The Chef would be creating the most of authentic and classic Italian, European cuisine with no limitation to new ideas, using the freshest of ingredients. A patient trainer and teaching your 10 to 12 culinary team to maintain outstanding standards. He/she will oversee costings, schedules, ordering and financials for outstanding restaurant operation.
- We are seeking an exceptional Chef that is personable, media-savvy, culinary promotion minded as well as having an eye for details. Candidates with Culinary degree, college courses in Culinary/Restaurant or Hospitality Management is preferred.
- Must have solid background in Italian or European up market dining. Minimum of 6 years’ experience in a first class deluxe or reputable free standing restaurants is a must. Ability to deliver a very refined and quality product and for guests to experience an exceptional and memorable dining occasion.
- Outstanding personality in dealing directly with guests at their table and open style kitchen. Exceptional organizational and communication skills and be a leader and role model to all employees. Strong leadership experience and business acumen.
- Interview, select, train, supervise, counsel and discipline all employees in the department.
- Provide, develop, train, and maintain a professional workforce.
- Ensure all services to members are conducted in a highly professional and efficient manner.
- Ensure a safe working environment and attitude on the part of all employees in areas of responsibility.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to interact positively with managers, management, coworkers, members, and the public to promote a team effort and maintain a positive and professional approach.
- Ability to produce a high volume of work in a timely manner, which is accurate, complete, and of high quality.
- Ability to come to work regularly and on time, to follow directions, to take criticism, to get along with co-workers and managers, to treat co-workers, supervisors and members/guests with respect and courtesy, and to refrain from abusive, insubordinate and/or violent behavior.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from the board, managers, suppliers, and employees.
Please send your full resume details with photograph to: email@example.com in MS Word format or PDF as an attachment.
Phone: +977 1 5548179, 9808072000
The Vesper Cafe & Restaurant P. LTD.