Detailed Job description / requirements:
JOB PURPOSE: Support the Unit Catering Manager (UCM) to ensure that BGN catering facilities are functioning effectively.
- Stand in for the production / ration NCO in his absence.
- Responsible for all production of food in the kitchen as directed by the Kitchen Manager.
- Account for kitchen equipment as directed by UCM.
- Responsible for the butcher shop.
- Maintain all the health & safety measures.
- Follow the schedule prepared by the UCM.
- Security of foodstuffs and kitchen equipment.
- Follow JSP 456 for kitchen procedures.
- Maintain COSHH store and request demands as necessary.
- Assist the UCM with LSA&I and LEA preparation.
- Any other job as directed by UCM.
The ideal candidate will be able to analysis information from a variety of sources to produce high quality accurate work to competing deadlines.
Behaviors: Delivery at pace, managing a quality service, making effective decisions
Strengths: Motivator, improver, disciplined, team leader and responsible
(Please refer to the links at the bottom of this page for definition of behavior and strengths)
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Should be hospitality/catering qualified and trained with sound knowledge of the industry and job.
- Satisfactory level of spoken and written English Language required. (Will be tested during sift & interview)
- Minimum two years’ experience as chef with reputed hospitality organization/chain.
Basic Salary: NPR. 67,728.00 per month
Other benefits: Dashain Bonus, Gratuity, Provident Fund
Duty Hours: 40 hours a week
Leave: Annual 25 days, Public Holidays 10 days pro rata
Medical: 100% reimbursement for job holder and limited reimbursement for immediate dependents
HOW TO APPLY:
Please Click here to download the application form or by following the link below;
For more queries and full job description, please call 00977-01-4235260, at British Gurkhas Nepal, Manbhawan Lalitpur.
Applications must be fully completed and submitted to BGN HR Office via email: firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 November 2019.
Interviews for candidates successful at sift will take place at British Gurkhas Kathmandu towards 1st week of December 2019.
- Please check that you have fully completed Part 1a, 1c, 2a and 2b.
- Please provide two references compulsory (a. Recent employer b. Academic)
- Application received by any other means will not be considered.
- Application received after the closing date and time will not be considered.
Descriptions of the required Behaviours may be found at https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/717275/CS_Behaviours_2018.pdf
Definitions of the listed Strengths may be found at https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/717274/CS_Strengths_2018.pdf