Detailed Job description / requirements:
Rural Health and Education Services Trust
Rural Health and Education Services Trust (RHEST) is a national NGO established in 1992, primarily working to prevent girl trafficking through the provision of education services and safety networks to at-risk girls throughout Nepal. RHEST has two smaller programs; women’s maternal health, and health related publishing.
Since 1997, RHEST has been supported by the INGO the American Himalayan Foundation (AHF). In addition to funds, AHF provides program and organizational guidance to RHEST and assists RHEST in its communications to donors and other international stakeholders.
Since 2011, AHF has received funds for RHEST programs from the Foundation for a Just Society (FJS), a US based philanthropic organization. FJS works to help develop capacity of women-led organizations working in the sphere of gender equity. Through an associated organization, the Foundation for a Just Society International (FJSI), FJS has offered RHEST funding for such capacity development, with an integral part of this development being the appointment of a general manager to help RHEST grow to a point where it can independently manage large grants directly from donors such as FJSI.
While the general manager’s position will be funded by FJSI, its responsibilities will not be limited to activities funded byFJS and FJSI. Rather, the duties and responsibilities of the general manager will be organization wide.
Post Title: General Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Working Destination(s): Based in Kathmandu with frequent field visits.
Offered Salary: Negotiable
Scope of Work
The general manager will report directly to RHEST’s executive director and board of directors and will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Work with the executive director in structuring RHEST’s organizational, financial, administrative and communication processes to enable RHEST to independently, effectively and efficiently manage large grants. Specifically:
- The preparation and presentation of long-term strategic plans and financial forecasts for individual programs and the organization as a whole.
- The preparation of funding proposals for existing and potential donors.
- The preparation and presentation of progress, activity and financial reports for existing and potential donors.
- Establish a methodical program evaluation process, incorporating MIS statistical data, to inform of areas where program improvement is needed, and identify areas of success that can be communicated to donors and other stakeholders.
- Develop supplemental program proposals to better achieve RHEST’s short and long-term goals in the prevention of girl trafficking and improving gender equality.
- A demonstrated passion for the eradication of girl trafficking, child marriage, gender-based violence, and other gender inequities within Nepalese society.
- A proven track record in organizational leadership, and team development.
- Senior leadership experience in Nepal NGOs or CBOs working in human trafficking prevention and/or gender equality.
- Proven proficiency and high-level experience in communication in English and Nepalese spoken and written languages.
- Proven proficiency and high-level experience in financial management.
- Proven proficiency and high-level experience in formal and academically rigorous project evaluation.
- The general manager will work with and report directly to the executive director, and president and board of directors.
- The general manager will work closely with donor representatives particularly the AHF country director and the FJSI program director.
- The general manager will also work closely with and guide and mentor, senior RHEST program, administrative and financial team members, and all other members of the RHEST staff.
- Master’s Degree in Social Science or equivalent degree.
- At list (7) years of responsible leadership experiences in management or supervisory positions.
Interested candidates can submit their CV/RESUME by following email address: email@example.com by 24th December, 2019 together with cover letter.