Gender Focal Person
S.W. Nepal Private Limited (http://www.swnepal.com.np/) is a national consulting firm to enhance the development results working together with government institutions, development agencies and private sector. In doing so, SWN aims to bridge the policy, research and implementation gap in Nepal through capacity building, policy influencing and applying sustainable solutions. The company values include a) enhancing the outcomes from the investments b) building stronger partnerships at local, national and international levels c) building itself as a responsive and accountable company and d) promoting ethical practices at work and undertaking business. The company demonstrates its commitment towards ethics and fair policy in its dealings with clients.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
SW Nepal Pvt. Ltd. (Scott Wilson Nepal)
Terms of Reference for Gender Focal Person
S.W. Nepal Pvt. Ltd. (Scott Wilson Nepal/ SWN) is a wholly Nepali-owned multidisciplinary research and development consulting service provider operational since 2000. The firm provides sustainable, innovative and cutting-edge solutions to organizations, institutions, governments and private sector clients by helping them to overcome challenges through planning, research, management support, capacity building and policy promotion.
SWN has a strong Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Unit with gender, inclusion, women rights and GBV deeply mainstreamed in its projects and research works.
Please visit for more details on our team, location and our services.
This is a long term institutional position based in Kathmandu office located in Panipokhari/ Maharajgunj area (The overall purpose of Gender Focal Person is to develop and manage gender and social inclusion priorities and capabilities within the organisation and its services. ).
Detailed job description and requirements
- Serve as the gender equity and social inclusion lead at the institutional level.
- Assist project coordinators or team leaders to prepare gender and inclusion specific Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) plan including the preparation of checklists for field monitoring/verifications
- Coordinate marketing works and actively participate in developing concepts, terms and references in mainstreaming gender across the institution and projects
- Enhance capacity of the project staffs (including organizational members) policies, practices and promote discourses on gender, GBV, disadvantaged and vulnerable populations etc
- Develop, strengthen and mainstream gender sensitivity within the in-house and consultant team inside the organization
Qualifications and experience
- Master’s Degree, preferably in social science, gender studies, rural development etc.
- Overall experience of minimum 5 years with much of this in relevant areas
- Excellent report writing skills in English and good communication skills in Nepali
- Good interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in diverse team environments
Contract type: Full-time,Long Term Employment Contract
Report to: MEL Coordinator
Unit: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Team
Location: Central Office in Maharajgunj, Kathmandu
Expected start date: As soon as possible (expected to join by 15th October 2019.
Salary: Negotiable based on experience and company policy
How to apply
If you are interested, please email your CV before 30th September 2019.
Only shortlisted candidate will be informed and called for further consultations.