Gender and Social Norms Coordinator
Ipas Nepal is a non-profit international development organization that works to increase women’s ability to exercise their Sexual and Reproductive Health, especially the Right to Safe Abortion. We seek to eliminate Unsafe Abortion and the resulting deaths and injuries and to expand women’s access to Comprehensive Abortion Care, including contraception and related reproductive health information and care.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Ipas Nepal- Job Vacancy
Ipas works globally to increase women’s ability to exercise their sexual and reproductive rights and to reduce abortion-related deaths and injuries. We seek to expand the availability, quality and sustainability of abortion and related reproductive health services, as well as improve the enabling environment for the services. Ipas believes that no woman or girl should have to risk her life or health because she lacks safe reproductive health choices. For its new project phase beginning from July 1, 2020, Ipas Nepal is seeking to hire qualified and committed candidate for the position advertised.
Position: Gender and Social Norms Coordinator
Type: Fixed Term position, from July 1, 2020 till June 30, 2021
The Gender and Social Norms Coordinator will be responsible for capacity building of Ipas staff and partners on gender and social norms analysis and application of outcomes in the program cycle. More specially, the incumbent will facilitate empowerment of natural leaders, engagement of natural leaders with civil society, creating a constituency and enabling environment for affordable, quality, accountable and sustainable SA and contraception services. Gender and Social Norms Coordinator will also collaborate with relevant Ipas Nepal and other stakeholders to implement Ipas program intervention in the province and palikas. GASNA will work under the direct supervision of the Senior Program Advisor in Ipas Nepal.
Detailed duties and responsibilities for the position include as follows:
- Assist in gender and social norms analysis and application of the outcomes in program planning (including activity and budget planning) in coordinating relevant unit/person of Ipas Nepal, partner NGOs, CSOs, Government stakeholders.
- Assist in developing program tools, guideline, manuals and curriculum for capacity building of natural leaders and their mobilisation in coordination with relevant agencies and experts to use for capacity building in the program intervention area.
- In coordination with other Ipas Nepal team, engage in design and facilitate key influencer’s force field analysis together with staff, partners and other stakeholders.
- Facilitate training, coaching and mentoring to field team, partner NGOs, Natural leaders, Champions and other stakeholders especially on GASN.
- Coordinate and engage with federal, provincial, district and community level CSOs and other concerning agencies for their participation and support Ipas Nepal efforts to develop women and girl’s agency for SRHR information and services.
- Support to capacitate Palika, HFOMC and health facility for responsive SAS.
- Coordinate and communicate project progress and learning with internal (including Ipas head office) and external audiences.
- Conduct various training, workshop and meetings as needed.
- Maintain close communication and follow up with field staff and PNGOs to continue program activities in the intervention areas.
- Collaborate with Community Engagement, Policy and Health System unit to strengthen program activities in the field.
- Conduct program monitoring visits and provide feedback to the concerning staff/stakeholders for improvement.
- Provide advocacy efforts and engagement for creating enabling environment for SAS at various level.
- Coordinate and compile program documentation, tracking sheet and reports and submit to SPA every month (including collection, compilation and sharing field reports).
- Work closely with R&E unit in study and research related activities and data use.
- Support to conduct monthly, quarterly and semi-annual program review meetings (including regular review meetings of Ipas Nepal, Province, HF/HFOMC, and partners).
- Coordinate with Ipas Nepal procurement/admin units in logistics support for field team to continue program activities.
Qualification and Experiences Requirement:
- Candidate must have Master’s degree in Gender Studies, Social Science or Development Studies.
- With 5 years or more relevant experience in gender and social norms analysis and gender transformative programming for reproductive health rights.
- Demonstrated experience in training facilitation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of working with National Women Commission and women rights networks.
- Having work experience in report writing and documentation.
- Well-organized, with ability to track multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work successfully in a cross-cultural, team-based, global environment.
- Has strong written and spoken communications skills in English and Nepali language.
- Flexible to adapt to challenging work environment.
- Willing to travel on field visits 50% to the project areas.
- For the position advertised eligible candidates are requested to visit Ipas global website to submit online application.
- Interested candidates should submit application along with up-to-date curriculum vitae.
- In the application subject mention the position you are applying for.
Please submit your online application through the link given:
Application deadline, Tuesday, June 2, 2020.
Equal Opportunity and Commitment to Diversity
Ipas is strongly committed to providing a work environment that is free from all forms of harassment, discrimination, and inequity. We recruit, employ, train, promote, and compensate our personnel without regard to race, age, sex, religion, national origin, color, creed, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, or any other personal characteristic protected by law.
We value all staff and strive to make employment at Ipas enjoyable and satisfying. As part of our commitment, we will not tolerate any form of discrimination towards employees, or applicants.
Qualified women candidates and candidates particularly from disadvantaged and socially excluded/marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further selection process. Telephone inquiries will not be entertained. Canvassing at any stage of the recruitment process shall lead to automatic disqualification and Ipas Nepal reserves the rights on the final candidate selection.