Detailed Job description / requirements:
Bethany Vision Nepal
MuktiAfter Care Project
Designation: Finance Coordinator
While there are a number of After Care Services providing a safe haven and a variety of resources for many survivors of abuse, trafficking, and potential exploitative situations in Nepal, Mukti After Care Project exists to meet a more specific need of the survivors. In partnership with rescue agencies and the Nepal government, the project provides individualized holistic care plans for reintegration including trauma counseling, remedial education, job training, legal aid, and medical care. We take survivors with complicated legal cases, safety concerns, and needs for in-depth trauma care who might otherwise not find suitable placement.
The Finance Coordinator will keep precise records of income and expenditures, manage payroll for all employees, and oversee the budget reporting requirements. They will work together with the team of specialized after care professionals. This is full time position based in project office, Kathmandu.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information, ensuring up-to-date records are maintained.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other reports.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Manages payroll for all staff with the human resources officer and makes sure that staff receive their salaries on the listed days.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls and ensuring that staffs follow these controls as well.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends; creates quarterly donor reports.
- Develop creative ways to provide on-going training to staff on financial procedures and internal controls.
- Assist organization in developing and renewing the annual budget.
- Learn and implement trauma-informed care principles into every interaction within the project.
- A bachelor's degree in accounting or finance is required with at least 2 years of experience in similar position.
- Knowledge of Nepali labor and employment laws
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and Nepali.
- Excellent computer skills required. Working knowledge of accounting software and Google platforms such as Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Gmail preferred.
- Care and interactions founded in the trauma-informed principles; safety, trustworthiness and transparency, peer support, collaboration, empowerment, voice and choice, awareness of cultural and gender-based issues.
- Ability to judge the relative costs and benefits of potential social service and health care actions and choose the most appropriate one
- Critical thinking and problem solving; ability to work in crisis situations without becoming overwhelmed
- Persistent, Creative & Flexible
- Professionalism in demeanor, written and oral communications
- Time management & Self Discipline; can prioritize and execute tasks effectively without need for constant supervision
- Effective as a team player
- Emotional maturity
- Exhibits patience, love, acceptance, encouragement and genuine empathy
- Uses respectful and non-threatening words; Refrains from public humiliation and retaliation of ANY kind
- Seeks reconciliation and restoration
- Acknowledges and addresses any personal biases or prejudices
- Is knowledgeable of or is willing to learn about trauma symptoms and linked behaviors
- Believes in the value of human worth, dignity and equality
- Is knowledgeable of or is willing to learn about secondary/vicarious trauma and seeks preventative practices
Bethany Vision Nepal offers excellent benefits and longevity bonuses. Interested candidates can send their CV and a cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 20th December 2021.