Finance Assistant (FA)
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Position: Finance Assistant (FA)
Location (based): SODCC Parsa, Head Office Birgunj Parsa (Frequent field visit in 7 districts of Madhesh Pradesh)
Reports to: Finance Manager
Department or Program: Girls Education – learning continuation and life skills opportunities for out of school children.
Contract Starting date: as soon as possible
Probation Period: 3 months
No of Opening: 1
Social Organization District Coordination Committee Parsa (SODCC Parsa) is reputed and non-profitable organization which is established in 1994 and registered district administration office Parsa under the government rules and also affiliated in social welfare council. Now it has been working for the children and women in province 2 to improve the status of children and women specially focus on the area of education, health, sanitation, child protection, gender-based violence reduction, poverty alleviation, women empowerment, awareness raising and emergency response. Also, it has been working for the capacity enhancement of youth, organizational management, community mobilization, and leadership development of women, children and stakeholders for well planning and program implementation
Girls Education (GATE) is a 9-month community-based non-formal education program. Further GATE graduates required to mainstream in formal education and retention is key challenges for which project will work with selected local governments, mother schools for rest of project duration to ensure regular attendance, learning continuity after mainstreaming. GATE will imparts basic functional literacy, numeracy and life skills to out-of-school adolescent girls, with the aim of preparing them to mainstream into the formal school system. Considering the existing complexity of the OOS adolescents issue and process of mainstreaming them into formal education, ensuring their retention and completion of full cycle of basic education is still a big challenge. Radical and rigorous multi-stakeholder approaches are necessary to bring girls of age group 10-14 back to the mainstream education, ensuring their retention in school and continuation of full cycle of basic education. This would be possible through provision of additional and tailored non-formal education to strengthen basic literacy, numeracy, life skills and confidence of out of schools adolescent girls along with community engagement for retention that is only possible through integration of various sectorial interventions.
Major roles and responsibilities:
- Create personal file and bank account information of all supervisors and facilitators.
- Support to salary releasing of all supervisors and facilitators.
- Collect all reporting and documentation from supervisors and facilitators.
- To ensure all sorts of financial transaction, book keeping, budgeting, and budgetary control, auditing, banking, following the organizational financial system/ policy with accuracy and efficiency.
- To prepare all financial statements required by UNICEF as well as by the auditors and respective Govt. authorities
- Properly handling account management of the project and organization.
- Ensure the financial management system is in accordance with organization policy, Donor’s guidelines, International & National Accounting Standard.
- To monitor field level financial activities of Girls Education Project.
- To coordinate with the bank and manage all banking transactions.
- To collect all bank statements, cross check with cash book/bank book including maintaining and safeguarding check books and keep proper records in register
- Reviewing bill/ invoice and claims received from staff and check supporting documents, generate payment voucher, cheque writing and handover to concern party timely manner
- To prepare appropriate vouchers (Debit, credit, journal) and post them under appropriate accounts head / code.
- Ensure and timely payments of vendor’s bills and settlement of advance, balance sheet items and reconcile periodically.
- Review budget variance monthly/quarterly/annually with reason for variance and prepare justifications report for the management team and donors.
- Maintain safe and proper filling of voucher, monthly financial report, bank reconciliation statement, and data backup for auditing and further requirement
- Responsible for overall staff pay roll system, tax calculation and tax report.
- Maintain staffs personal file, update leave record, logbook of telephone/vehicles, repair and maintenance and other logistic management.
- Coordinates and facilitates the procurement requirements of the program based on the procurement plan and organization policy guidelines.
- Prepare and maintain qualified vendor restore as per the logistics guideline once in a year and when any new qualified suppliers are identified.
- Provide technical support to procurement committee for procurement process and TOR.
- Check attendance book, time sheets, leave application and maintain emergency contact
- Maintain and update fixed asset register and get signed the verified list by end of financial year and as per donor requirement.
- Logistic management for meeting, seminar, and workshop.
- Manage staff & equipment’s insurance (assets and inventory)
- Assist in developing and implementing of finance/human resource/admin policies and guidelines.
- Any other duties indicated by ED/ FM/Program Manager.
Required skill, experience and knowledge
- Intermediate in Management or Accounts or Business Studies with 2 years of relevant work experience in financial management
- Prior experience in managing I/NGO funds will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of current government's tax policies and labor laws
- Competent on computer skills, Microsoft office specially in the use of MS Excel and any other accounting software
- Knowledge of accounting, auditing system and financial monitoring system
- Fluency in English and Nepali language both in writing and oral communication
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Fluency of local language of Madhesh Pradesh (Bajika, Maithali, Bhojpuri).
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willingness to undertake extensive field works in remote and rural communities in Madhesh Pradesh.
Candidates from Madhesh Pradesh, women and other marginalized and minority group are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates aged completed 18 years and not more than 30 years are encouraged to apply with two references their updated CV and Application letter to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org clearly mentioning the position applying in the subject line addressing to the Human Resource Department, Social Organization District Coordination Committee Parsa (SODCC Parsa), within 28th June 2022 by 5:00 PM.
SODCC Parsa is an equal opportunity employer
Only short-listed candidates will be called for further screening process.
Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.