Finance and Business Development Manager, Intern and Office Assistant
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Southwestern Centre for Research and PhD Studies (PhD Centre)
Minbhawan, Kathmandu, Nepal
Vacancy for Finance and Business Development Manager, Intern and Office Assistant
Southwestern Centre for Research and PhD Studies (PhD Centre) was established in 2010 as the endeavours of nationally and internationally recognized scholars, researchers, intellectuals and development experts with a commitment to reconstruct and transform society in Nepal. PhD Centre has been engaged in connecting researchers globally through joint research, conferences/workshops on burning issues, training, publishing journal articles, and networking/partnering with various universities, government and development agencies
PhD Centre contributes to critical thinking to provide innovative solutions for individuals and organizations involved in development by teaching, learning, research and interventions with emerging ideas that dominate academia and policy discourse around the globe.
Position: Finance and Business Development Manager - 1
Job Purpose: Responsible for Accounts, Financial Management and Business Development of
Position: Intern - 1
Job Purpose: Assist Operation,Administration, Program, Research and Marketing (Bachelor or Master Running)
Position: Office Assistant- 1
Job Purpose: Assist the office work (House Keeping, going banks, retail shops and prepare tea and snacks to serve to small office team etc) – 10/ SLC graduate
Major duties and responsibilities of the Finance and Business Development Manager:
A. Finance Management
- Responsible for effective management of the Finance, Administrative and Logistic management of the centre
- Maintain accounts in the accounting software and prepare monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and yearly financial statements of the Centre (Income and expenditure, balance sheet, trial balance, monthly reconciliation and staff advance)
- Coordinate with banks and service providers of the effective service, update the financial transaction and keep update financial matters
- Maintain effective payment system of the institution i.e. party payment, supervisor payment, staff salary, telephone, IT online, computer and others.
- Support to conduct annual audit and keep up to date financial position as required
- Ensure timely collection of the support cost from scholars and effective payment system of the institution i.e. party payment, supervisor payment, staff salary, telephone, IT online, computer and others.
- Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations
- Ensure for maintenance of office premises, security and logistic system and office equipment.
- Ensure effective financial updates, timely periodical financial and program reports and conduct institutional audit
B. Business Development
- Coordinate and make smooth professional relation with key stakeholders for possible collaboration to conduct policy research, awards grants and support as require to needy national and international agencies
- Develop research, training and project proposals for key stakeholders i.e. government agencies, donors, INGOs, Academic institutions and possible agencies
- Develop institutional profile and documents to maintain the national and international standards for bidding or letter of interest to meet their requirements
- Explore the possibilities going through individual, individual agencies, print and electronic media to participate in the biddings and joint collaboration
- Develop various research plans, explore possibilities in the markets and efficient implementation to achieve institutional objectives
Qualifications and competencies of Finance and Business Development Manager
- Master in Business Administration or equivalent
- Experience in Account Keeping and Finance management
- Experience in Administrative Matters
- Excellent communication, coordination and reporting skills
- Creative/innovative, leadership-ability, and result oriented
Applicants are requested to send application via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org along with updated CV by 3rd March 2021. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview process.