Finance and Administration Manager
Detailed Job description / requirements:
|Position||Finance and Administration Manager||Position No:|
|Contract||Nepal Sajhedari STF||Supervisor||Chef of Party|
Abt Associates’ International Development Division (IDD) manages projects that are pioneering new approaches in governance, health, agriculture, food security, climate change, and competitiveness—as well as monitoring and evaluating projects within these sectors. We work throughout Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East for chiefly governmental clients, including the US Agency for International Development (USAID), the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the Inter-American Development Bank, the Asian Development Bank, the World Bank and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
Abt Associates seeks a dynamic Finance and Admin Manager for the USAID Nepal Sajhedari STF project which aims to support the Government of Nepal in the transition from a unitary state to a federation of provinces and enhance citizen participation in and oversight of local governance through the following objectives:
Objective 1: The GoN creates sound policies and legislation that empower, finance and regulate provincial and municipal governments;
Objective 2: Provincial and municipal governments in Province Five or Seven are more responsive, accountable, transparent and effective; and
Objective 3: Citizens and civil society organizations in the target municipalities are more involved in local decision-making and oversight.
The Finance and Admin Manager, reporting to the Chief of Party (CoP), is responsible for budgeting, financial management and reporting; oversight of procurement; administrative management of sub-awards and vendor contracts; contracts management, human resources management; and general administrative and operational support for program activities. S/he serves as a member of the project’s Senior Management Team and works in partnership with the CoP and Deputy CoP to ensure that the project team has the administrative, contractual and financial support required to deliver on the Program Description and contract. This position is listed as Key Personnel in the contract.
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Ensure compliance with Abt Associates policies, regulations and procedures governing the contract.
- Oversee the development of administrative and operations management systems and processes required to support project implementation, ensuring compliance with USAID and Abt policies and regulations.
- Ensure project compliance with USAID contract policies, regulations and procedures governing the contract.
- Educate and train project staff on aspects related to USAID contract compliance.
- Assist the project to prepare contract requests needing USAID approval.
- Manage the provision of operational support to project activities, ensuring that project senior management and program staff have the support required to implement planned activities.
- Manage implementation of financial, administrative, and human resources (HR) policies and procedures that meet project needs and corporate and client requirements.
- Provide ongoing financial administration to project including approvals of purchase requisitions, local consultant agreements, vendor invoices, and the like.
- Oversee procurement efforts for the project including selection and negotiation with vendors, and management of sub-partners on the project in compliance with USAID and Abt Associates procurement regulations.
- Supervise institutional sub-agreements with assistance from the home office project team (Finance and Contract Manager, in particular).
- Guide the administrative team on aspects of project annual work planning, and ensure that quality operational plans, budgets, and reports are submitted as per contract agreements.
- Ensure that project budget projections, expenditure, tracking and reporting are in accordance with USAID and project requirements, procedures, and practices for compliance and audits.
- Create and maintain financial reporting and tracking systems, and provide financial performance updates on project activities.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of monthly Remote Office Voucher.
- Develop and manage project banking procedures and transactions.
Human Resources & Performance Management
- Oversee all human resources management functions – recruitment, hiring, transition and termination; benefits administration; performance appraisal and ongoing performance management; leave tracking; rewards and recognition; disciplinary processes – in collaboration with the home office-based Finance and Contracts Manager and Abt’s human resources department.
- Supervise all financial, administrative and operational project support staff.
- Ensure that staff, team members and consultants understand their roles and responsibilities and comply with contract requirements, USAID and Abt Associates’ HR policies and procedures for hiring, performance reviews, terminations, etc.
- Provide training to staff on project procedures and build skill-levels of project staff in the area of finance, administration, and project management.
General Project Management
- Contribute to monthly and quarterly reporting processes, to enable the CoP to provide regular status and progress reports to USAID and Abt Associates.
- In collaboration with the Chief of Party, coordinate with the home-based project management team to assure that all managerial and administrative matters are communicated and actions comply with the provisions of the Contract and with USAID.
- Liaison with the home office-based Finance and Contracts Manager and International Accounting Manager on all operational and financial issues.
Qualification requirements include the following:
- A post-graduate degree in business administration, finance, accounting, management, or other relevant field.
- At least 10 years of professional work experience in the finance and admin management of large complex development projects, preferably with USAID or other donor funding.
- Supervisory and/or management work experience including: (1) direct supervision of professional and support staff; (2) quality evaluation of staff performance and deliverables; (3) contract management (required); and (4) ability to lead large complex programs and motivate multidisciplinary, multicultural teams.
- Experience managing financial transactions on USAID-funded programs preferred and familiarity with USAID regulations and procedures.
- Excellent financial management skills and knowledge of latest management tools and computer applications.
- Ability to set priorities, multi-task.
- Strong analytical and computer skills, with emphasis on budgeting and financial analysis.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proven written and oral presentation skills in English
Please apply before September 23, 2020 in email firstname.lastname@example.org