Finance and Admin Officer/Field Supervisor
Detailed Job description / requirements:
URJAA is a NGO register in Lalitpur District administrative office under Nepal Government Registration Act in April 2003. URJAA is working to increase young people’s participation in decision making process from community to national level. It provides capacity building training and raises awareness for youth on Sexual and Reproductive Health, Livelihood and Civic Participation. It seeks to place the young people at the forefront of change and development i.e, Youth for development.
URJAA in partnership with Restless Development Nepal has been implementing International Citizen Service (ICS) programme in Rural/Municipalities of Lalitpur and Kathmandu. ICS is a global volunteering programme aimed at young people and overseas volunteers from the UK working alongside the national volunteers in a cross cultural-setting. Funded by the Department for International Development, ICS is led by VSO International. ICS is once in a lifetime opportunity for 18-25 year old youths to harness their potential, energy and commitment of young people just like them.
URJAA seeks to recruit a dynamic, inspired and innovative Nepali to fill the following positions:
1. Finance and Admin Officer - 1 Position ( based in Kathmandu)
Job Description of Finance and Admin Officer
Management of all finance and administration operations (30%)
- Take lead in managing all finances, staff salaries, volunteer allowances, host home payments, equipment and administration.
- Support to ensure effective compliance of Policies and Procedure of Urjaa Nepal and Government of Nepal;
- Organize all banking transactions (including deposit, withdrawal and transfer of funds)
- Assist in administering petty cash and reimbursement of staff expenses
- Ensure timely payment of all tax payments (Staff income tax, supplier tax deduction) with local tax authorities and staff retirement fund.
- Ensure timely settlement of staff floats
- Provide support to other staff unit finances and financial information is accurate and up to date.
- Assist staff in preparation of float request and settlement.
- Support in maintaining office inventory and update it in regular interval.
- To assist management in procurement of goods and services
- To prepare annual financial statements and year end accounts in advance of annual audit
- To facilitate the auditors during the internal/external/donor audit.
- To ensure timely renewal of organization at DAO, SWC, tax office and other government authorities
- Coordinate/arrange for office equipment maintenance such as telephone, emails/internet, photocopier, printer, laptop etc;
- Ensure that all organizational assets are accurately recorded and accounted;
- Coordinates all administrative and secretarial support service for office;
- Take the charge of office upkeep and smooth functioning of the office utilities
Manage Accounting functions (15%)
- Prepare vouchers for all financial transactions.
- Ensure that accounting records are kept up to date.
- Ensure that all payments to supplies and or projects are in accordance with relevant Urjaa regulations and approved work plans/budget.
- Prepare payroll and other payments.
- Ensure that bank reconciliations as well as debtors and creditors statements are done monthly.
- Ensure that cheque books, purchase order books, invoices etc are well accounted for and are kept in safe and secure custody.
- Ensure that the field expenses are recorded in line with correct budget code.
Financial Reporting and Coordination (10%)
- Support in financial training and other financial procedures of Urjaa to volunteers and team leaders.
- Track the funds advanced and expenditure reported by the programme and resolve issues and variance.
- In close coordination with programme team maintain a system to monitor and forecast fund request.
- Prepare donor reports as per the requirements of the donors and ensure timely submission of financial reports to donors
- Ensure all financial reports are reconciled to the books of accounts.
Support in logistics of Programme (40%)
- Lead to ensure all the logistics for volunteers are in place.
- Lead to host home payment
- Arrange travel logistics for office staff, training participants and volunteers including hotel reservation and when required airport and hotel pickups;
Miscellaneous support (5%)
- Any other duties as required by Urjaa and as agreed upon with the supervisor in any programme of Urjaa.
2. Field Supervisor -1 position (based in one of the Rural/Municipalities of Kathmandu/Lalitpur districts)
This position will be field based and act as a responsible person to look after the programme in 2-3 placements. Field Supervisor will work closely with Officer for implementing, monitoring and assuring quality delivery of ICS programme in the placements level and support on volunteer’s overall welfare and other logistic support to volunteers whatever and whenever needed. S/He will coordinate and maintain relationship with host family and stakeholders to ensure volunteer’s welfare.
Minimum Requirements: At least certificate level passed with prior experience in volunteering programme/community development excellent spoken and written communication skills and fluency in Nepali and English, working knowledge in Microsoft Office Package - Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Having two wheeler licenses will be an added advantage.
Interested candidates are requested to send their cover letter and updated CV by 5th December, 2019 to email@example.com . URJAA is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified females, young people, and members from marginalized groups are encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be notified for further process.