Field Researcher Consultants
Detailed Job description / requirements:
USAID’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Activity, Nepal
Consultancy Title: Field Researcher Consultants
Number of positions: 4 to 6
CAMRIS is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
CAMRIS clients include U.S. government agencies and multilateral and private organizations. Our core practice areas include public health, agriculture, and food security, economic development, education, environment, humanitarian assistance, democracy and governance, monitoring, evaluation and learning, and medical research.
In support of the CAMRIS-implemented, USAID's Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Activity Nepal, we seek Field Researcher Consultants for the upcoming Midterm Performance Evaluation of USAID/Nepal’s Suaahara II Integrated Nutrition Program. The purpose of this midterm performance evaluation is to inform future programming and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of Suaahara II implementation during the remainder of the project. The objectives of this evaluation are to:
- Assess the effective coverage and quality of Suaahara II services and interventions;
- Identify progress, successful approaches, and application of innovation and lessons learned to date in project implementation.
- Identify challenges, weaknesses, bottlenecks, and constraints to produce planned outputs.
- Review the programming logic (results framework and theory of change) to determine whether the project is on course to achieve intended results and impact.
- Examine the management structure and coordination practices with stakeholders.
- Examine the sustainability of project interventions in line with its current coordination practices.
- Recommend solutions for improving project implementation and results.
The mid-term evaluation team will consult with Suaahara II implementation staff, USAID project management team, and the GON; review existing evidence and literature relevant to Suaahara II implementation; and solicit feedback from program participants and key stakeholders on the quality of Suaahara II implementation, adjustments to be made, and opportunities for improvement.
- Translation and finalization of data collection tools.
- Participate in field researchers’ training
- Participate in pilot testing of data collection tools in the field.
- Conduct data collection works in the study areas. Support in gathering data through focus group discussions and key informant interviews with stakeholders.
- Support evaluation team members in reviewing key documents for this project.
- Support in translation and transcribing of field scripts and support in coding of qualitative data.
- Support in managing and coordinating data collection activities in the field.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in a relevant technical area such as health, statistics, nutrition, preferred in public health from recognized national or international university,
- Experience involved in field-based research, evaluation, or assessments, preferably across at least three years.
- Familiarity with USAID health programs/projects, primary health care or health systems strengthening is preferred.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English and Nepali
- Nepali citizens encouraged to apply
Qualified and interested professionals are requested to apply by April 15, 2019 at the following link: https://careers-camris.icims.com/jobs/4338/field-researcher--consultant/job