EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
PHASE Nepal is a non-governmental, non-profit making, non-political and an equal employment opportunity providing organization, registered under Social Development Act, 2034 at District Administration Office, Kathmandu, and is affiliated with Social Welfare Council of Nepal. For the last 13 years, PHASE Nepal has been improving the livelihoods of poor communities in Humla, Bajura, Mugu, Gorkha, Dhading, Chitwan, Nuwakot, Kathmandu, and Sindhupalchok districts by providing immediate support through health care and education services, and creating opportunities in communities for self-empowerment.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
for conducting vocational skill training
Suryabinayak-4, Dadhikot Bhaktapur, Nepal
Notice for Expression of Interest (EOI)
First Published on 7 February 2020
Last Deadline for submission 20 February 2020
NOTICE FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
PHASE (Practical Help Achieving Self-Empowerment) Nepal is a non-governmental, non-profit making and non-political organization with equal opportunities. It specializes in improving and strengthening health, education and livelihood opportunities for marginalized and disadvantaged populations in very remote and resource poor Himalayan/mountain villages in Nepal. PHASE aims to support the most vulnerable people to break the cycle of poverty; by assisting communities and local authorities to lay the groundwork for a self-empowered and self-sustained society. In order to empower individuals and communities at all levels and ensure leave no one behind, PHASE has always been an integrated program approach that addresses multifaceted problems of poverty and exclusion in a multi-sector approach.
Preliminary discussions with local government representatives suggest that in spite of a number of NGOs involved in Ajirkot, Dharche, and Tsumnubri, access to services, markets and livelihood opportunities are still problematic, especially for the poorest and most marginalized members of communities. In Gandaki, there is somewhat better access to higher education and to health services (there is a college up to Bachelor’s level in Darbhung and a Primary Healthcare Centre in Makaising), but the most vulnerable groups struggle to access these, and have little access to sustainable livelihoods.
PHASE Nepal is implementing the Purnima “Leave No One Behind” project in the four selected municipalities of Gorkha District, Chumnubri, Dharche, Ajirkot, and Gandaki. Regular and interactive discussions with local government representatives suggest that in spite of a number of NGOs involved in Ajirkot, Dharche, and Chumnubri, access to services, markets, and livelihood opportunities are still problematic, especially for the poorest and most marginalized members of communities. In Gandaki, there is somewhat better access to higher education and to health services, but the most vulnerable groups struggle to access these, and have little access to sustainable livelihoods. Thus, PHASE Nepal aims to have changed context of the district and rural municipalities with the project interventions and provide benefit for vulnerable groups and individuals in the targeted communities through this program under the following four levels:
a) Higher awareness of the individual and their family of services and support available
b) Facilitated access to services and direct support to increase mobility and independence for those who are in need of this support
c) Improved livelihood opportunities for vulnerable individuals and families
d) Higher awareness of vulnerability issues in the community and local government and higher capacity of local government to respond to and mitigate vulnerabilities. In order to ensure improved livelihood opportunities for selected vulnerable individual of the project target area, we are planning to conduct vocational and skill development trainings and capacitate selected individuals in ensuring their participants in enhancing livelihood through diversified income sources. The main objective of providing vocational and skill development trainings is to expand skill development through formal and informal capacity development opportunities in order to ensure higher income through diverse income opportunities for the most vulnerable individuals of the project target area.
Terms and Conditions:
1. PHASE Nepal, will be responsible for the overall management and monitoring of the vocational skills and apprenticeship project component of CF-LNOB project.
2. The main objective of this assignment is to deliver quality skill training for the targeted beneficiaries, following the CTEVT level one curricula and promote the gainful employment.
3. After completing the training, the participants will be appeared in skill testing Level-1 and national certification from NSTB for passed out graduates will be awarded. The Training provider will also issue the training completion certificates for those who have regular attendance of 90% total days and should also assist them for the employment so that at least 80% of the graduates have decent employment in trained occupations.
4. PHASE Nepal invites EOI from eligible, experienced, and competent training provider/s for conducting short term training courses in result-based financing approach. Based on the recently conducted market opportunity survey/sector analysis report, EOI has been announced on the following sectors;
|Sectors||No. of Trainees|
|Tailoring Training (3months)||Approx. 20|
|Excavator + Dozer Training (40 Days)||Approx. 10|
|Cook Training (3months)||Approx. 25|
|Light Vehicle Training (1 month)||Approx. 10|
|Local Chow MeinMaking Training (1 month)||Approx. 20|
5. The training provider must be affiliated with CTEVT for conducting training on related occupation.
6. The selection process follows Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS) method and will be in accordance with the PHASE procurement guidelines and policies.
7. True copies of experience certificates and other relevant documents should be enclosed with proposal.
8. The CVs of Trainer and Company profile with company registration documents must be enclosed with the proposal
9. Complete EOI documents must be submitted on or before 17:00 hours on 20 February 2020 at PHASE office Bhaktapur. In case of the last day of submission of EOI falls on public holiday, then the next working day shall be considered as the last date.
10. The trainings are expected to commence from March 1st, 2020.
11. PHASE Nepal reserves the right to reject any or all EOI with or without furnishing any reasons to the firms concerned. The procurement of the services under the announcement will be subject to PHASE Nepal procurement guidelines.
|Name of Training||Trainer Fee||Accommodation for participants including breakfast, lunch, and dinner||Material Support (kit box support as per CTEVT standard)||Skill Test Cost (If applicable)||Other Cost|
|Excavator + Dozer (40 days)|
|Cook (3 months)|
|Light Vehicle (1 month)|
|Local Chow Mein Making (1 month)|
- This training is expected to be conducted in Gorkha bazar however training agency can quote as per their convenience.
- Please feel free to create your own budget table if necessary.
- Training providers can quote for single or multiple training as per their company CTEVT affiliations.
Suryabinayak-4, Dadhikot Bhaktapur, Nepal