Nepal Red Cross Society manages CEHP (Community Empowerment for Health Promotion Program) in collaboration with Swiss Red Cross since 2001. The service of this program are implemented Mid-West Region (MWR) of Nepal. The core services of CEHP are Community Health and WASH, HIV prevention, sensitization of NCDs and strengthening capacity of Red Cross and community network. The program was mainly implemented in Jajarkot, Dang, Rukum, Rolpa and Dolpa districts in previous phase. The new phase-VII of the programme is being implemented from July 2018 to June 2021 with the continuation of two components-Health and WASH in Province 5 (Dang and Rolpa district) and Province Karnali (West Rukum and Kalikot district)
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Nepal Red Cross Society, Community Empowerment for Health Promotion Programme (CEHP) Nepalgunj invites applications from suitable and qualified Nepali citizen for the following positions.
|Duty Station||Nepalgunj (frequent travel to field of project districts in Province 5 and Karnali Province)|
Scope of responsibilities:
The job is concerned with the organization and management of Community Health Promotion services in focus with the designing, cost estimation and technical input in the construction of various types of Water schemes and buildings under CEHP project, and also to support District Chapters, Sub-Chapters and Health facilities to implement action plans and project activities according to calendar of operation, policy and procedure laid down by the programme.
The staff member is expected to work with the highest degree of moral behavior and conduct adhering to the Red Cross Movement Code of Conduct and seven principles. The code of conduct is integral part of the working contract.
The employee will be stationed in Nepalgunj, although s/he has to spend required time in the program field to ensure the effective implementation of the programme.
The employ is directly reporting to unit head.
Responsibilities in detail:
- Support for the implementation of the project according to the project design and log-frame under Community Health component in CEHP.
- Support to enhance the technical capacity of the relevant technical staff of CEHP and program districts
- Carry out detail survey and prepare the design and cost estimate report of different water supply systems, sanitation facilities and infrastructures for health facilities
- Support to complete the construction related works on time
- Ensure the quality in construction related works
- Support to carry out social and technical activities related to the programme.
- Support on organizing and facilitate the relevant workshops, trainings and orientations as required.
- Make regular visit to the programme areas to supervise, monitor and also observe progress of the project
- Provide technical support to the Red Cross District Chapters, Sub-Chapters, health facilities & communities as per need.
- Develop/design necessary formats, tools, manuals, guidelines etc as required.
- Maintain coordination and linkages with relevant stakeholders to achieve the optimum results.
- Record the programme related information/documents properly.
- Fulfill other assignments given by the CEHP.
Contract period for the position is for one year with possibility of extension.
Women and candidates from disadvantaged/marginalized groups/communities are highly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates may submit their applications along with latest bio-data, together with a recent photo with details of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org, or upload at www.jobsnepal.com website by February 2, 2020. Only short listed candidates will be called at Nepalgunj office for further selection process.