Energy Financing Advisor (Consultant)
At SNV we believe that no-one should have to live in poverty. We are dedicated to a society in which all people, irrespective of race, class or gender, enjoy the freedom to pursue their own sustainable development. We focus on increasing people's incomes and employment opportunities in productive sectors like agriculture as well as on improving access to basic services such as energy, water, sanitation and hygiene. SNV supports people to access and develop the capabilities, services and opportunities needed to live a healthy, productive and fulfilling life, while sustainably using the natural resources they depend on. Unlike many other development actors, we do not offer funding, but specialize in supporting the resourcefulness of development actors. We work with governments, businesses, knowledge institutes and low-income communities so that together we can transform ideas into policy, policy into action, and action into results. Through our technical knowledge, 50+ years of experience, passionate staff, extensive local presence and global footprint, we strive to make a lasting difference in people's lives. For Further details, please visit the website: http://www.snv.org
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Energy Financing Advisor (Consultant)
Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
Contract type: Consultancy contract
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation with long-term, local presence in over 25 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our team works with local partners to equip communities and businesses with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services. SNV works across three sectors: Agriculture, Renewable Energy and WASH.
SNV is seeking qualified Nepalese citizens for the position of Energy Financing Advisor (Consultant) for “Austria-Nepal Renewable Energy Blended Finance Facility” (REBFF) project.
SNV Nepal with the financial support of Austrian government is implementing “Austria-Nepal Renewable Energy Blended Finance Facility” (REBFF) in Karnali Province. The main objective of the project is to support development and upscaling of innovative financing by establishing a Credit Guarantee Fund (CGF) to finance renewable energy projects and strengthening capacity of stakeholders involved.
The key person who assumes the responsibility of developing and implementing innovative financing tools and procedures to mainstream commercial lending in renewable energy projects is the Energy Financing Advisor (EFA). The EFA works under the close guidance and supervision of Project Leader and works closely with Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Partnership (REEEP), main partner bank, bank and financial institutions (BFIs), local financial institutions (LFIs), provincial and local government, Alternative Energy promotion Centre (AEPC) and private companies. The scope of the activities and responsibilities of EFA can be detailed as follows:
- Coordinate with REEEP, partner bank, BFIs, LFIs and provincial stakeholders to develop financial tools/instruments to mainstream commercial lending (credits/equity/impact investment etc.) to renewable energy projects/technologies.
- Provide technical support to REEEP and partner bank in establishing and operating Credit Guarantee Fund (CGF).
- Design, plan, coordinate and conduct capacity development activities for BFIs, LFIs, provincial and local stakeholders on innovative financial tools related to promotion of RETs.
- Develop financially sustainable business models to improve access to finance for RE projects and service
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, renewable energy, engineering, public administration or management with 7 years of experience in renewable energy sector
- OR a Masters’s Degree in finance, renewable energy, engineering, public administration or management with 5 years of experience in renewable energy sector
- At least 3 years of experience in access to finance in renewable energy or similar infrastructure projects.
- At least 3 years of experience in capacity development on access to finance related activities
- Relevant working experience in rural areas of Nepal particularly with provincial and local government and LFIs will be an asset.
- Good networking capabilities with national and provincial government institutions, BFIs, private sector will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to think systematically and develop applicable tools
- Awareness of gender and social inclusion issues and practices.
- Commitment to child protection principles and practice.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Nepali
- Good training on communication/human relation skills.
Period of Performance: 10 months
Desired Start Date: As soon as possible
Contract Type: National Consultant Contract
Duty Station: Kathmandu
Required Number of Position: 1
How to Apply:
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV (not more than 3 pages) with motivation letter (not more than 1 page) by clicking on the "I'm interested" button before 21 September 2020.
ONLY SHORTLIST CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED. No telephone inquiries will be entertained. The organization reserves the right to cancel or postpone the whole recruitment process without providing any reasons whatsoever.
Women and candidates from minority groups are highly encouraged to apply
For more information on SNV, please refer to our website: www.snv.org