Education Field Officer
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Are you interested, enthusiastic and committed to work in team promoting quality education for Himalayan region children?
Opportunity is waiting for you at REED Nepal
Rural Education and Environment Development Center (REED Nepal) is a non-governmental organization headquartered in Kathmandu. Our primary goal is to ensure Inclusive Quality Education .Currently, we are working in 12 districts across Nepal to enhance the quality education in right based approaches and protect children/girls from all forms of abuses, sexual exploitation, including trafficking, and so on. We ensure that their families and communities are supported so that protection is strengthened at source in a sustainable manner. We work closely with government authorities to support and complement their efforts to build better futures for children/ girls where their rights to protection from abuses is guaranteed and education strengthened. REED Nepal invites applications from the eligible candidate for Teacher Training and Quality Inclusive Education (TTQIE) Program for the position below:
A. Education Field Officer: 1
Basic Job Information:
Job Category: NGO / INGO / Social work
Job Level: Mid-Level
No. of Vacancy/s: 
Employment Type: Initially for a year (renewable)
Job Location: Rural Municipality Based Solukhumbu, Nepal
Education Level: Bachelor in Education or related field
Experience Required: 2 Years Teaching or 1 Year in Community Development Field
In close collaboration with the Education Development Coordinator and Education Program Manager, the Education Field Officer will be responsible for ensuring efficient and effective implementation of project activities which include empowering girls of schools, coordination with local government units, facilitation in pedagogical training, capacity building of Child clubs, parenting education to parents and support and monitoring to program school for activities implementation as guided by Teacher Training and Quality Inclusive Education (TTQIE) program..
- To Hold regular meetings in coordination with RMs and school stakeholders for program implementation and support,
- To assist in preparing Community Orientation Packages and conduct orientations to the community people, child clubs and other key stakeholders of schools,
- To capacitate to the school child club through different activities,
- To assist in preparing SMC/PTA training packages and to conduct SMC/PTA trainings,
- To assist in preparing Parents Orientation packages and conduct the orientations,
- This position requires strong working knowledge of MS office (Word and Excel) and Nepali typing skill,
- Ability to work effectively with an ethnically diverse team and communities in a sensitive environment,
- Ability to work in a Team with better understanding of cooperation, coordination and communication,
- Have experience in and knowledge of teachers’ training, and distance learning,
- Have good understanding of School Library, Classroom management, educational materials (Teaching/Learning), and office management, Scholarships distribution and monitoring process,
- Ability to collect and prepare success stories and to prepare event reports,
- Have basic knowledge of Gender Equity and Social Inclusion, the integrated curriculum, and DRR
- To be able to carry out regular monitoring and school support activities in schools in the project area,
- To work as a Co-facilitator during teachers’ trainings,
- To coordinate with Central level MEAL, Finance and Program Team to implement the project activities effectively,
- Compilation, verification and management of program related information, data and Monitoring and evaluation system.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English and Nepali required.
- Prior experience of working with schools, government institutions, and familiarity with NGO/INGO working /reporting processes required.
- Experience in education sector, teachers’ training in Nepal and community mobilization.
- Experience in Classroom Teaching, National Curriculum Framework (1-8) of Nepal and knowledge of Radio/Online Education and exposure to Disaster Risk Management.
- General knowledge in computer MS Office application.
- Rigorous time management and activity organization required.
- Flexible and adaptable to change, ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities despite.
- Ability to work well with others in a team, take initiatives independently.
- Strong communication and facilitation skills.
- Prior experience and knowledge of child protection, gender issues and education.
- Understanding of and commitment to REED Nepal's mission and values.
- Willing to work in any Palikas of Solukhumbu district to achieve the objectives of the organizations.
All interested applicants must submit the applications to email@example.com latest by 20th January 2022 (5:00 PM). Please include an application letter, updated CV. with expected salary. Local female candidate will be given first priority. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.