Education Development Officer (EDO)
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Are you interested, enthusiastic and committed to work in team to promote quality education for Himalayan region children?
We are waiting for you at REED Nepal
Position: Education Development Officer (EDO): 1(One)
Job Location:- Solukhumbu District
Education Qualification:- Master Degree in Education.
Work Experience:- Minimum three years relevant experience teaching any of the major subjects (English, Maths, Science, Geography) at secondary level with sound understanding on pedagogy or two year’s experiences in teacher professional development and capacity building at community school. Preference will be given to the candidate having the knowledge and skills on Inclusive Education
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Design, develop and deliver wide range of training packages for community school teachers and key stakeholders in line with Nepal government existing packages incorporating identified needs and gaps,
- Ability to develop, maintain good coordination, collaborative with local line agencies including Municipality, Rural Municipality and other stakeholders foreducation program planning,management, delivery and monitoring.
- Strong facilitation skills, including catalyzing, connecting, and building the capacity of multiple level of stakeholders including teachers, school management committee, parents teacher association, community groups/people.
- Strong understanding on participatory, integrated community/people-led development work and hands on experience.
- Knowledge on girl’s scholarship programs, parental supports, councelling, engagement and capacity building,
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel and power point.
- In depth knowledge on classroom management, mentoring and schools on site supports contributing to promote inclusive, quality education.
- Basic understanding on Child rights, protection, disability inclusion, gender equity and social inclusion in education system.
- Ability to administer different tools, formats for program monitoring, assessment, research and evaluation within the framework.
- Excellent academic competency with social work experiences at different level
- Basic understanding on budget design, plan and management.
- Strong commitment to work in team promoting team building and feedback culture.
- Data compilation, management, report preparation and documentation.
- Willingness to travel and work in remote and mountainous region.
Job Type: Contract-based renewable each year after analyzing the work performances.
Salary and Benefits will be based on policy of the organization. Qualified and interested candidates are requested to submit CV (maximum 4 pages) with two referees (current and immediate past line manager) along with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to reach the office latest by 20th Jan 2021, all documents should be PDF. For more detail visit website: www.reednepal.org
Only short listed applicants will be contacted. The organization reserves the right to cancel or reject the application. Phone calls or any other enquiries will NOT be entertained and any type of solicitation will automatically disqualify the application. (Local, women, disabilities and candidates from disadvantaged/marginalized communities are encouraged to apply)