The International Organization for Migration (IOM) - a related organization of the United Nations - is the leading intergovernmental organization in the field of migration. It works to meet the growing operational challenges of migration, advance understanding of migration issues, encourage social and economic development through migration and uphold the well-being and human rights of migrants.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Call for Applications
Reference Code: CFA – 09/2022
Position Title: DTM Enumerator (12 positions)
Duty Station: Province 1, 2, Lumbini and Sudurpaschim, Nepal
Type of Appointment: Consultancy contract
Duration: 4 months (40 days of work)
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 17 May 2022
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and direct supervision of the National Program Officer and in collaboration with the DTM consultant and the project team, the successful candidate will be responsible for the collection and reporting of information and roll out flow monitoring related activities of the project entitled “Effective case management by strengthening Isolation centers and Ground Crossing Points (GCPs) management for Rapid Response and Preparedness against COVID-19” in the targeted locations (Provinces 1, 2, Lumbini and Sudurpaschim in Nepal.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Conduct field visits for data collection and report on trends related to DTM activities—more specifically flow monitoring.
- Conduct data collection for flow monitoring in formal and informal Ground Crossing Points in the project palikas.
- Conduct interviews with returnee migrants, Ground Crossing Points Officials, local communities and relevant stakeholders to collect information on needs, vulnerabilities and other information required for flow monitoring.
- Prepare and complete paper and electronic data collection forms and tools with high accuracy on a daily manner.
- Provide additional qualitative information and submit relevant reports as required.
- Support the project team on data collection, monitoring and verification or other related activities when required.
- Conduct data entry and encoding forms into DTM databases and perform quality control checks on data collected from the field.
- Undertake duty travel relating to project/programme activities, as required.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Completed High School degree/diploma with at least two years in relevant work experience.
- Familiarity with the UN system is an advantage.
- Experience in building and maintaining key informant networks.
- Experience in using paper questionnaires and forms when conducting interviews.
- Experience using computers, mobile phones, and/or tablets for data collection or data entry.
- Ability to build networks and maintain rapport with key informants and various communities.
- Detail oriented when collecting data on paper questionnaires and forms and on data collection software.
- Respect assessment and survey deadlines as per IOM DTM guidelines.
- Knowledgeable about humanitarian principles and respect for diversity.
- Fluency in English, Nepali is required.
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment. Only Nepali Nationals will be considered for this position.
How to apply:
Interested Candidates are requested to submit their application indicating clearly the position applied, VN number and CV with three references to the following address: Human Resource Department, International Organization for Migration, P.O. Box 25503, Baluwatar, Kathmandu or email to email@example.com by 17 May 2022. Only short-listed candidates will be called for interview.
From 11.05.2022 to 17.05.2022