Driver cum Office Helper
Detailed Job description / requirements:
The Good Shepherd International Foundation – GSIF Nepal is a not-for-profit, non-political, non-sectarian, humanitarian organization being desirous of furthering development activities in Nepal in the areas of promoting human dignity and to cooperate for the sustainable development through the provision of humanitarian aid, fundraising, technical assistance, training and support in relation to programmes and projects which operate for the benefit of the local populations and in particular, of women and children.
GSIF in Nepal is seeking an experienced and a highly motivated Driver cum Office Helper (DcOH). The prospective candidate will need to have completed the School Level Certificate (SLC), with a minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in driving and associated administrative/logistics tasks. The DcOH will be responsible for providing transport services to GSIF Nepal staff and visitors including its local partner’s staff within Kathmandu and to field sites as required. The person will also be responsible for providing administrative/logistics and general support as well as procedural and operational support to GSIF Nepal Office, where s/he will be based and report to the Finance and Admin Officer.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of School Level Certificate (SLC) with excellent driving skills having a good track record of safely driving vehicles and experience in general office administration duties;
- Valid driving license (four wheelers and two wheelers);
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in driving vehicles (e.g., jeeps and cars including two wheelers) in other organizations with a good understanding of I/NGO rules and regulations for safe driving;
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, and local roads and conditions, and defensive driving skills;
- Skilled in minor vehicle repairs;
- Good record keeping and reporting skills with excellent communication skills in Nepali and English (verbal and written), and the ability to communicate effectively with the government and non-government stakeholders;
- Basic computer skills that include the use of MS Office packages;
- Willingness to drive outside of Kathmandu Valley with the flexibility to work extra hours when required, and be honest and reliable;
- A client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact, and the ability to work with people from different nationalities and cultural backgrounds;
- Training in minor vehicle repairs will be an advantage.
Duration: One year with possibility of extension (probationary period applies)
Salary: According to GSIF Nepal policy which will commensurate with skills and experiences
This is a full time position and the application should include covering letter which specifically addresses the requirements outlined above, a copy of an up-to-date bio data/CV and the names and addresses of two referees who may be contacted if you are short-listed. Please submit your application via email to email@example.com or drop your application at GSIF Nepal Office, Pulchowk, Lalitpur – Nepal by 25 August, 2019 (Bhadra 8, 2076)
References will be taken and background checks will be carried out for the successful candidate in conformity with GSIF Nepal Child Safeguarding Policy.
Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted. GSIF Nepal is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for this position without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, age, disability or marital status. Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.