Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Since its founding in 1971, MSH has worked in over 150 countries with policy makers, health professionals, and health care consumers to improve the quality, availability and affordability of health services. Working with governments, donors, non governmental organizations, the private sector, and health agencies, MSH responds to priority health problems such as HIV & AIDS; tuberculosis; malaria; maternal, newborn and child health; family planning and reproductive health; and chronic non-communicable diseases such as cancer, diabetes, and lung and heart disease. Through strengthening capacity, investing in health systems innovation, building the evidence base, and advocating for sound public health policy, MSH is committed to making a lasting difference in global health.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
The main duties of the Driver will be to drive MTaPS project vehicle for project purposes following the guidelines, maintain vehicle logbook, and be responsible to ensure the project vehicle is functioning properly. S/he will follow the project guidelines, maintain vehicle logbook, ensure vehicle maintenance, planning each route based on road and traffic conditions and other tasks as assigned. S/he will be expected to maintain MTaPS’s professional and procurement integrity standards in all activities.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION
SLC/SEE or equivalent
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5 years of driving experience
- Applicants with experience of driving with USAID/UN projects will be preferred
- Good English conversant applicant will be preferred;
- Valid driver’s license
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of traffic rules and regulations and safety issues;
- Knowledge of minor vehicle repairs, identification of mechanical & electrical troubles and ability to lift heavy loads;
- Knowledge of understanding of Nepal Highway Code Traffic Rules, Regulations;
- Knowledge of basic automotive maintenance procedures;
- Knowledge of dealing effectively and patiently with others;
- Knowledge of vehicle safety and control systems.
- Familiarity with GPS devices;
- Polite and professional disposition
CORE JOB COMPETENCIES:
- Can foster partnerships;
- Able to communicate effectively;
- Able to execute for results;
- Able to adopt with continuous learning.
Travel requirements: Available to travel within the country with vehicle, around 40% of allocated time
Physically able to perform minor vehicle repairs, troubleshooting, maintenance and office support activities
MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements. MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status. In compliance with U.S. Department of Labor Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act, MSH has developed and maintains an affirmative action program and plan.