Detailed Job description / requirements:
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
The Promoting the Quality of Medicines Plus (PQM+) program, funded by USAID and implemented by USP, improves access to quality-assured priority medicines and addresses the proliferation of poor- quality medical products in low- and middle-income countries. PQM+ will strengthen medical product quality assurance systems through cross-sectoral and systems strengthening approaches and the application of international quality assurance standards across the pharmaceutical system. By sharing scientific expertise and providing technical support and leadership, PQM+ helps create resilient and robust local health systems that address diseases like HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria and neglected tropical diseases, as well as improves maternal, newborn and child health.
USP is seeking for a Driver in support of PQM+ program implementation in Nepal.
Summary of the Position
The Driver is responsible for the safe utilization of the vehicles, maintenance of vehicles, provide transportation for project staff, consultants and official visitors, do other relevant tasks like deliver goods and messages for PQM+ Nepal Program. The Driver reports directly to the Sr. Finance and Operations Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the vehicle to be in good operating condition - keep clean, check oil, water, tires and brakes every morning. Make sure all vehicles are filled with fuel each evening.
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly checks as specified in the vehicle maintenance check list. Driver is not to operate a vehicle which is not in proper working order. Any vehicle problems must be reported to the supervisor and the driver must verify that they are repaired.
- Before leaving for trips, check and ensure that vehicles are in proper order - spare tires, tools and first aid kit.
- Provide transportation for staff as scheduled by Sr. Finance & Operations Manager.
- Collect and deliver goods and mail as required, ensuring correct delivery.
- Complete mileage logbook and recording for fuel bought or any maintenance done to the vehicle. All maintenance to be reported to the supervisor and filed in each vehicle’s maintenance file.
- Driving must be done safely and, in a manner, which does not damage the vehicle of which takes into account the road conditions. The use of vehicles is only for official business.
- Responsible to park the vehicle at secured place during out of station or field trips
- Provide other assistance in the office when not required for driving.
- A minimum education level of grade 10 passed
- A minimum of 5 years’ driving experience and knowledge of basic automotive maintenance procedures.
- Ability to travel with little notice
- Valid Driving license of Nepal for A & B categories
- Experience driving on dirt/rural roads in Nepal
- Candidates with field experience in, and familiarity with Kathmandu
- Candidates with work experience and trained in similar role in UN organizations
- High energy and ability to multitask.
- Ability to communicate in local languages of Nepal and English
- Non-supervisory position
Interested candidates should submit cover letter, CV, and USAID Form 1420 (available at https://www.usaid.gov/forms/aid-1420-17) by email to GPHNepalRecruitment@USP.org clearly stating Driver in the subject line of the e-mail.
Application Deadline: Jan17, 2021