Director of Programs and Operations
Hamro Palo is a not-for-profit organization working with adolescent girls. Our mission is to empower adolescents girls (and boys) and equip them with skills and knowledge that allow them to create their own safe and healthy futures. We do so by delivering culturally sensitive, girl-centered services that advance girls' safety, confidence, and leadership skills. For more info please go to our website: www.hamropalo.org.np
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Hamro Palo is seeking a strategic, organizational leader and exceptional manager to advance the mission of the organization. The Director of Programs and Operations will manage projects and will provide direct supervision to staff in Kathmandu, as well as project staff based in Sindhupalchowk.
In this role, the Director will lead the execution of the organization’s strategic plan. The Director will operationalize best practices in management systems, including appropriate integration and collaboration of teams, to ensure strong organizational performance to meet ambitious goals.
Organizational Leadership and Strategy:
- Collaborate with the Board, Executive Director, and key staff to advance strategic plan and goals and ensure program areas are aligned with the strategic plan.
- Implement strategic plan, integrating all aspects of the organization’s work including programs, communications, development, monitoring-evaluation, and finance.
- Oversee systems and processes to ensure effective management of the daily operations of the overall staff.
- Develop and manage annual budgets for the organization and perform periodic cost and productivity analyses.
- Manage project life cycle, from request to close. This entails developing proposals, supervising the activities, producing relevant reports, and monitoring impact.
- Assist Executive Director in fundraising and advocacy initiatives.
- Manage communications with project-related stakeholders including donors.
- Establish new collaborations for greater results and impact of Hamro Palo’s work.
- Initiate various interventions and innovations in program development.
- Lead and manage all programmatic and operations staff and activities to effectively meet organizational and program goals, ensuring integration across all areas and programs.
- Coordinate with the Executive Director to communicate the organization’s vision, priorities and goals, and ensure staff members are working towards said goals and priorities.
- Develop program impact metrics consistent with relevant plans and create a system of ongoing evaluation, ensuring strong work plans and alignment between individual, team, and organizational goals and priorities.
- Recruit, supervise, coach, and collaborate with program staff to ensure programmatic and team success, as well as to support the team’s ongoing professional development and growth.
Qualifications: A combination of the experience, skills, and education listed below that provides an equivalent background to perform the work of this position.
Experience, Skills, and Education:
- 3+ years of professional experience in nonprofit environments, as well as experience working in a leadership role.
- Proven success leading a collaborative strategic planning process and ensuring its effective implementation.
- Knowledge of organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
- Strong staff management experience required, with the ability and interest to work closely with staff members to set and achieve individual and team goals.
- Strong financial management experience required.
- Standing strategic thinking skills, with a focus on results and impact.
- Ability to develop and implement funding strategies and programs.
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written in Nepali and English.
- Experience leading an organization through a significant time of change and growth; ability to be thoughtful, patient, supportive and nimble.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Passionate about and experience working in the major programmatic areas of Hamro Palo’s work, including the following: leadership development, women’s rights, and gender equality, child protection, rural community development, girl-led leadership.
- Must be a Nepali citizen.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by 5:00 pm, 05 March 2021. Include your full name and the title of this position in the subject line of your email.
Hamro Palo is an equal opportunity employer.