Crown Agents is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience. 'Accelerating the Sustainable Control and Elimination of Neglected Tropical Diseases (ASCEND), is funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID). The objective of ASCEND is to achieve progress towards the 2020 NTD roadmap targets for the targeted NTDs across priority countries and to strengthen elements of the national health systems which are required for sustainable NTD control and elimination. The Programme will focus on five NTDs: lymphatic filariasis, onchocerciasis, schistosomiasis, visceral leishmaniasis, and trachoma'.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Accelerating Sustainable Control and Elimination of Neglected Tropical Diseases (ASCEND) Nepal
Job Description/ (TOR) Data Manager-1 person
Accelerating the Sustainable Control and Elimination of Neglected Tropical Diseases (ASCEND), is funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID). The objective of ASCEND is to achieve progress towards the 2020 NTD roadmap targets for the targeted NTDs across priority countries and to strengthen elements of the national health systems which are required for sustainable NTD control and elimination. The Programme will focus on five NTDs: lymphatic filariasis, onchocerciasis, schistosomiasis, visceral leishmaniasis, and trachoma.
This is fixed term contract position will report to the Country Lead Nepal and NTD/VBD Section chief at MOHP/ EDCD on operational and day-to-day management aspects. H/she will be based in the Epidemiology and Disease Control Division (EDCD)/ HMIS and his/her main responsibilities include but not limited to:
Support to manage all ASCEND related data which are retrieved from Monitoring and Evaluation(M&E) activities for the ASCEND Nepal programme.
Under the direction of the Country Lead (CL) and the EDCD NTD section chief, the data manager will:
- Provide technical expertise in program planning, implementation, reporting and monitoring of ASCEND activities;
- Analyze monitoring, HMIS, DHIS and other pertinent data to monitor ASCEND program direction and achievement;
- Provide technical support to EDCD, provincial health directorate and HMIS for application of existing NTDs monitoring tools, implementation guidelines, training manuals and IEC materials;
- Support ASCEND Regional MEL to prepare the ASCEND Nepal M&E worksheets for annual work plans and semi-annual and annual reporting on KPIs, outcome and output level indicators;
- Working together with provincial coordinators, NTD programme manager and CL, assist in the preparation of ASCEND Nepal work plans, budget and quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports;
- Make field visits to the programme province, implementation units and local levels to support implementation of M&E activities;
- Ensure data entry in the ASCEND monitoring tool is completed on time, updated and provide technical support to data entry person at EDCD as may be required;
- Clean and process monitoring data, and submit data to CL on time;
- Assist to disseminate analyzed data to ASCEND staff, partner organizations, concerned DoHS Divisions and EDCD for review, programme planning and improvement;
- Track ASCEND inputs provided to each programme Implementation Units (IU), hospitals and local levels
- Assist to implement the MEL Tools shared by HQ or regional hub for Nepal on biannual and annual basis;
- Manage electronic and hard copies of the ASCEND monitoring data, HMIS data and other pertinent data and reports, and keep their inventories;
- Support EDCD and HMIS to manage all NTDs related data and documents, and ensure effective implementation of various monitoring tools;
- Coordinate both national and field level for implementation of various studies and participate in research/assessments through data collection, concept paper development, review of ToR and research/assessment reports etc.
Support for Nepal National NTD Program M&E Activities
- Provide technical assistance to MoHP/DoHS divisions, implementing partners and supporting institutions to strengthen the national M&E system and enhancing the use of M&E data as per the country’s National Plan of Action and strategic plans;
- Working together with WHO and GoN counterpart, assist to identify the capacity gaps and support in the field of M&E of government institutions and implementing partners for quality improvement of recording and reporting system of ASCEND programme activities;
- Assist to establish up-to date database system for NTDs in EDCD as a part of program M&E system;
- Compile NTD MDA and MMDP progress reports from districts, and local levels and prepare a consolidated national report at central level;
- Support concerned MoHP Divisions, HMIS and provincial NTD section to maintain HMIS data quality and timely reporting;
- Provide technical support to EDCD in HMIS data utilization for program planning and monitoring;
- Ensure the quality of monitoring data.
- Other works as requested by the CL and NTD/VBD section chief
- A master’s degree in Public Health/ Sociology/Statistics/Population Studies or related field;
- With minimum of 10 years of experience in MEL preferably in NTDs with international development organizations, bilateral or multilateral donors and or with Nepal’s health sector;
- or a bachelor’s degree in health or science-related subjects with 15 years of experience in the MEL in the government system;
- Must have demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office products, including Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, as well as with SPSS, EPI info or other analytical statistical tools;
- Good analytical and report writing skills in Nepali and English;
- Excellent verbal commands in the presentation of reports in Nepali and English;
- Willing to work in the team spirit and diverse working conditions;
- Willing to travel in the remote areas of Nepal.
How to apply: Interested candidates can submit their CV/RESUME by following email address: Info.firstname.lastname@example.org together with cover letter.