Detailed Job description / requirements:
Kopila Valley Women’s Cooperative ltd.
Kopila Valley Women’s Gharelu Udhyog Cooperative ltd is women lead entrepreneurs’ Cooperative based in Surkhet, Nepal. The goal of the Cooperative is to empower women of the Surkhet Valley to become strong and independent businesswomen. We hope to empower as many women as possible within the Surkhet Valley, by creating a sustainable business model with fabric and textiles production.
We are looking for a highly skilled professional Manager who handles all cooperative business smoothly. The Cooperative Manager will oversee the daily management of the cooperative, this role will be crucial in making sure all the work runs smoothly by managing the administration, staff and creating a profitable business. He/she will work closely with the board of the cooperative, national and international customers for the management of business. This position is expected to effectively multitask and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment. The Manager should be an organized, problem solver with proven office coordination, communication, and interpersonal skills to handle all cooperative business. The Manager must have a high degree of integrity and must be reliable. This role requires a desire to learn & offers exciting growth opportunities. This is a full-time position. Strong candidates will play a long term support role to Cooperative management.
Details of the Position and requirements
Bachelor's Degree in Business Studies and other disciplines.
3 years experience in a similar role
Fluent in English, Nepali
Birendranagar-4 Surkhet, Nepal
1 year; full-time (option for renewal)
Competitive Salary benefit package
Nepali citizens only
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration and other disciplines.
- Three years of experience in an executive role.
- Thorough understanding of core principles of Cooperative.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and writing skills in English.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Good physical condition to travel to different places of Nepal on a need basis.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office package, email, internet, Google calendar, slack and others.
- Two wheeler driving skill with a valid driving license is compulsory.
- Sense of confidentiality, willingness to learn new skills and new approach.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Require critical thinking, time-management skills.
- Require interpersonal and communication and negotiation skills.
- The ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Effective and professional communication abilities, including being able to communicate with all levels of employees, guests and other teams.
- Professional writing capabilities, including emails, memos, letters, reports, documents and correspondence.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Knowledge of National and International policy and procedure.
- Sound knowledge in cooperative accounting management.
- A pleasant and friendly personality is critical in this position.
- Skills such as patience, tact and the ability to maintain composure are also valuable.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Creating and approving upon the daily operations of the business.
- Creating and implementing a business plan.
- Supervising and assigning tasks to the Cooperative Officer or, in the absence of a Cooperative Office, fulfilling those duties.
- Managing finances including audit reports, book keeping, transaction tracking, and budget and expense management.
- Creating monthly reports on the income and expenses, production items and it’s quantity, number of customers and creates a guideline and milestone of monthly targets of marketing based on the outcome of the report.
- Improving the supply change management from product creation to customer shipping including enhancing quality control and speed to delivery.
- Improve customer engagement through proactive communication, sales order tracking, and fulfilling orders in a timely manner.
- Managing international, National and local orders, marketing, product development, relationships with international customers.
- Creating new lookbooks in terms of the development of the product in the co-operative and updating website.
- Increasing the customers and maintaining the quality of relationships with the customers.
- Conducting meetings and communicating about the ongoing situations of the business with the staff.
- Providing monthly finance and activity reports to Chairperson and to BlinkNow Foundation and meeting with the BlinkNow Chief of Staff monthly and as needed.
- Communicating with the Kopila Valley Sewa Semaj Managing Director and providing reports upon request.
- Liaisoning with the government and non-government partners.
The Following list of duties to be performed in the event that the Cooperative Officer is absent:
- Accounting book keeping, manage & update stock books for the everyday usages of the resources on an everyday basis.
- Manage daily operations, staff and the production.
- Manage the resources required for both business areas, sewing and weaving and creates a smooth working structure leading towards the business growth.
- Manage and records everyday income and expenses
- Manage and update bills and payments with the clients. Clear all the bills and make everything ready for the business to track on the expenses.
- Provide a monthly report on monthly income and expenses and number of production items to the Cooperative Treasurer and the BlinkNow Foundation
- Manage and track the order and create the deadline to finish those orders on time.
- Responsible for adding orders in bulk or small amounts.
- Management Cooperative Staff. Ensure all the staff get to the work on time, ensure all the staff start their work and are putting equal efforts to the work. Make sure everyone is getting fair treatment and fair payment.
- Handle and troubleshoot any problems arising related to operations or staff conflicts.
- Ensure quality control with careful periodic checks on products as well as finished products.
Qualified and Interested Nepali individuals are requested to submit their recent updated CV and cover letter describing why the applicant would be suitable for the position at firstname.lastname@example.org before 23 January 2022. The candidates should indicate their expected salary in the application. For the further information can reach through email and phone 083-524354. Shortlisted candidates will be called for further process. Please mention the title of the position on the subject of the email while applying.