Consultant to prepare the Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP)
Ipas works globally with a vision that every woman and girl has the right and ability to determine her own sexuality and reproductive health. We seek to expand the availability, quality and sustainability of abortion and related reproductive health services, as well as improve the enabling environment for the services. As part of the broader reproductive justice movement, Ipas is working to ensure that abortion and contraceptive care are essential health services—and that all people can access them. Our programs use a multifaceted approach that addresses reproductive health services, access to services and fulfillment of reproductive rights. Ipas Nepal’s program intervention prioritize intersectional partnerships that integrates into the broader gender equality and social justice, including gender based violence prevention and response, and women-led climate justice.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Consultant to prepare the Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP)
Gender-Based Violence Prevention and Response Project, Phase II
Ipas Nepal is a non-profit international organization that works to increase women’s ability to exercise their Sexual and Reproductive Health including safe abortion and prevention and response of gender based violence. Ipas Nepal has recently been awarded UNFPA funded GBV PR II project, from July 2021, which is a follow on project of UNFPA. Since 2016, UNFPA Nepal has been implementing two Gender-Based Violence Prevention and Response (GBVPR) projects in Province 1 and 3 (Okhaldhunga, Udayapur, and Sindhuli) and in Sudurpaschim Province (Accham, Bajhang, Bajura and Baitadi).
Number of Position: 1
Type of appointment: Individual Consultant
Duration: August 2021 (14 days)
Ipas Nepal is leading to implement the strategies and approaches under outcome 2 together with its consortium comprising of the Centre for Mental Health and Counseling-Nepal (CMC), Forum for Women, Law, and Development (FWLD), ABC, SAATHI, Sancharika Samuha and IPWA . The work plan prepared in close consultation with the Consortium partners and the Implementing Partners for the six months commencing from July 2021 until Dec 2021 has been approved. The Detailed Implementation Plan or DIP needs to be drafted outlining the numerous steps necessary to complete the process of implementing the project aligned to the workplan and budget to meet the targets and indicators.
The main goal of Phase II is, in partnership with other agencies and service providers, to reduce all forms of gender-based violence (GBV) and discrimination against women and girls in Province 1 and Sudur Paschim Province in Nepal. The project will be implemented in four Rural Municipalities, 13 Municipalities, and 2 Metropolitan Cities in 8 districts (Morang, Okhaldhunga, Udayapur, Kailali, Accham, Bajhang, Bajura, and Baitadi) in the two provinces.
1. Project Goal:
All forms of gender-based violence and discrimination against women and girls are reduced in two provinces in Nepal
- Women and men, including girls and boys, increasingly prevent, report, and address gender-based violence;
- Local governments, legal authorities, and health facilities provide effective (multi-sectoral) survivor-centered responses to Gender-Based Violence; and
- Local, provincial, and federal governments adopt and implement policies and budgets for the promotion of gender equality and the empowerment of all women and girls.
3. Objectives of the Assignment
The objective of this assignment is to develop and consolidate the Detail Implementation Plan (DIP) of all the partners based on master workplan in close consultation with the partner organizations.
An individual consultant is eligible to conduct this assignment. He/she should have experience in working with implementing partners and proven expertise in developing 4-5 DIP of donor funded projects for INGOs. He/she should have masters degree in social science, development studies or relevant subjects and a very good facilitation and communication skill.
5. Scope of Assignment/Roles and Responsibilities of the consultant
The consultant should prepare the DIP based on the work plan and budget for the six months (July 2021-Dec 2021). The DIP must include (but not limited to) below parameters for each of the partners/activities :
- Target area and beneficiaries:
- Location and # of direct beneficiaries
- Corresponding reporting indicator
- Expected output and outcomes ( as per the M&E plan)
- Detail Activities and budget plan:
- Quality standards
- Sequential requirement with other activities:
The consultant should frequently communicate and rigorously work together with partners while preparing the DIP.
6. Methodology for DIP Development
- Preparatory phase: The preparatory phase includes
- Start-up meeting between Consultant and IPAS/ project team lead and others as needed
- Desk review of documents like project proposal, approved workplan etc
- Review project activities and prepare details (target groups, methodology, expected results, responsibility, timeline/frequency & other details as required)
- Preparation for workshop
- Developing templates and framework of DIP
- Facilitation of the workshop
- Collection of information and data regarding different activities
- Preparation of DIP:
- With team/partners consultation, the consultant should prepare well-structured DIP based on the local need and information provided during the workshop
7. Time frame of assignment:
The consultant will prepare DIP for GBV PR II project. The main detailed tasks is as per below table:
1. Document review
2. Strat up meeting with IPAS
3. Preparation of structure and outline of DIP and workshop preparation
4. Workshop with all the partners (facilitation and leading)
5. A consolidated report of the meeting
6. Draft DIP
7. Share with partners for feedback and incorporate feedback
8. Final consolidated DIP
Total number of days
Final consolidated DIP
An application with the concept to develop DIP and its structures along with the daily consultancy rate is expected.
10. Applying Procedure
Interested candidates should submit application along with up-to-date curriculum vitae with subject as Application for Consultant to prepare the Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP)
Please make an online application and submit your documents through the link given:
Application deadline is 29 July 2021.
*Canvassing at any stage will lead to automatic dismissal and Ipas Nepal reserves all rights to make the final selection.