Consultant GP (MDGP Doctor)
Nyaya Health Nepal, a Nepal-based NGO, improves healthcare for underserved communities in Nepal, in partnership with the Ministry of Health. Our integrated healthcare approach involves two teaching hospitals, a professionalized community health worker network, and strategic use of data and technology to connect patient records from hospital to home. Our more than 250 staff provide integrated care from home to hospital to over 200,000 community members, provide over 100,000 hospital visits, and conduct over 5,000 surgical procedures annually.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Nyaya Health Nepal (NHN) is seeking Consultant General Practitioner (MDGP) or Family Physician or Medical Generalist to provide direct clinical and surgical care to the patients, train and educate non-physicians staff in best practices, ensure that tall the medical staffs follow organizational cultural practices.
Number of Requirement: One
Location: Achham (Bayalpata Hospital)
Deadline: Rolling basis
Big 3 Responsibilities:
1. Provide high quality, patient-centered direct clinical and surgical care as GP
2. Train and educate Staff Physicians and Mid-Level Providers in evidence-based, up-to-date, best practices, advanced care techniques, and quality improvement of clinical care.
3. Ensure self, staff and peer adhere to organizational management practices.
Qualification and Work Experience: MD in General Practice and Emergency Medicine from the recognized medical university of Nepal with NMC registration as specialist MD, and one year in district-level hospital experience. Must have qualities are:
- Ability to perform basic emergency and elective surgeries of Ob-Gyn/ orthopedics/ general surgery including but not limited to- Cesarean sections (CS), emergency appendectomy, Hernia Repair Hydrocele, and other competently
- Competency in the use of basic general and obstetric ultrasonography.
- Excellent Communication and Team Collaboration Skills,
- Excellent Facilitation skills for Continuing Medical Education (CME)
- Interested and passionate about mentoring and capacity building of mid-level providers (Health Assistants, Community Medical Assistants, Nurses, and allied medical workers)
- Respect Patients and All staff in the organization.
- Willing to work in resource-restricted and remote settings with limited tools at your disposal.
The above list of responsibilities is not comprehensive, and the consultant GP may be required to take on additional responsibilities, as determined by the Line Manager.
FOR DETAIL JOB DESCRIPTION AND APPLICATION PROCESS: PLEASE APPLY