Consultant For Ginger and Turmeric Value Chain
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Call for Applications
Desk Study on Ginger and Turmeric Value Chain
Heifer Project International Nepal (HPIN) is a non-profit organization working in Nepal since 1998 with the aim of ending hunger and poverty and caring for the earth through agriculture-based livelihood and market system development programs. Heifer is seeking qualified organization/individuals to study the past initiatives in production, marketing and processing, major constraints and export potentiality of ginger and turmeric.
Term: 5 working days
Nature of Research: Desk Study
Major Roles and Responsibility
- Conduct desk study on past work and initiatives by government and non-government organization in Ginger and Turmeric value chain.
- Conduct desk Study on major constraints and hurdles of ginger/turmeric production, processing, and export.
- Conduct desk Study on current scale of ginger/turmeric production, processing, and export import scenario of Nepal.
- Conduct Study on present status of ginger/turmeric processing facilities, their capacities and niche market.
- Conduct desk Study on regional and international markets for processed Nepalese ginger and market requirements. (Sanitary and Phyto sanitary standards)
- Conduct desk Study on policy, acts and regulations of ginger/turmeric export and import.
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- Individuals with Master’s or PHD in Agriculture, Economics, Development Studies, Business Management, Agri Marketing or other relevant subjects. At least 5 years’ working experience in spices related cash crop value chain, high preference for Ginger/Turmeric value chain. Firms/companies with similar expertise as mentioned above.
Qualified applicants can send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Title “Study on Status of Production, Processing and Marketing of Nepalese Ginger and Turmeric." along with the following documents.
- Cover Letter.
- Concept note with research methodology and timeline
- Financial proposal
- CV of applicant/team member
- Organization Registration & Renewal certificate
- Copy of VAT/PAN Registration Certificate
- Latest Tax clearance certificate (for organizations)
Deadline for submission of Application: 1st December 2021 before 5 PM.