Consultancy service (individual/agency)- provide service as Module Development Consultant/agency
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Consultancy service (individual/agency): To provide service as Module Development Consultant/agency
Winrock International is implementing USAID funded Knowledge-based Integrated Sustainable Agriculture in Nepal, (KISAN II) in twenty-fiveHill and Terai districts in Bagmati Province, Province 5, Karnali Province and Sudur Paschim Province. The project’s overall goal is to increase the resilience, inclusiveness and sustainability of income growth through agriculture development. KISAN II works with private sector actors such as agrovets, traders, millers, and other SMEs to catalyze agricultural productivity and create competitive market systems in five value chains.
KISAN II has partnered with 146 different market actors1 working in five value chains: rice, lentil, goat, maize and vegetables. KISAN II is supporting partners extensively to add value to their products and services. Partnership with private sector actors aims to serve farmers directly through technical and embedded services. With improvement to partner bottom-line, partners are looking to expand and bring their business to scale. With this expansion, partners require support on basic business nuances to excel in scaling activities.
Considering that, KISAN II aims to provide capacity building support to core business functions2 to strengthen their base of expansion and scale to new areas and new customers. At present, many KISAN II partners have limited organizational capacity to integrate critical elements in their business such as new product launch, marketing plan, branding, and supply chain management. Some of the organizational aspects that require constant attention among our partners are, but not limited to, business management, financial resources management, human resource management, inventory management, record keeping, business plan, technology and marketing. Without strengthening these areas, the partners will have difficulty to expand services to farmers.
Under this TOR, the consultant/agency will conduct capacity requirement assessments of our partners, through sampling, design and delivery of capacity development trainings to partners.
1 KISAN II partners: 57 agrovets, 63 cooperatives, 10 millers, 11 traders and 5 goat farms.
2 This TOR will focus on agrovets, traders and goat farms.
- The primary purpose of this assignment is to develop a capacity building module on for agrovets, traders and goat farms which may include, but not limited to financial resource management, inventory management, record keeping, business plan, human resource management, technology, supply chain management and marketing.
- The consultant/agency will conduct desk review, scope-in interviews with KISAN II partners (sampled) to understand their need and develop a capacity building module.
- The consultant/agency will conduct a virtual ToT to KISAN II staff on conducting trainings based on the module developed.
- The consultant/agency will develop one training manual in Nepali which can be use by KISAN II staff to train other private sector partners.
- The consultant/agency will conduct a series of virtual trainings (minimum of 3) to KISAN II partners (with special focus on owners and managers).
At the end of the 90-day work period, the consultant/agency should deliver the following
- A module development and training plan.
- A draft module on capacity building and training methodology.
- A final module incorporating KISAN II comments and suggestions.
- One ToT to KISAN II staff.
- A TOT manual in Nepali.
- A series of online trainings (minimum 3) to owners/managers of KISAN II’s grantees
Location of Assignment:
The assignment will be in Kathmandu with no travel to the KISAN II project sites. The consultant/agency will be linked to KISAN II partners virtually to access their standard and develop the module accordingly.
The consultant/agency will report to Business and Market System Director, KISAN II.
KISAN II seeks a consultant or proposed consultant from agency with wide range of experience in agri-business capacity building and module development training. The consultant should meet the following criteria:
- Masters’ in Business Administration and other equivalent degree.
- At least 10 years of work experience in business assessment, capacity development, training and module development.
- Experience in working with private companies and strengthening their core business functions is a must.
- Extensive experience in developing, writing and delivering technical training modules.
- Experience in conducting virtual trainings.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills in English and Nepali.
- Previous experience of working with the USAID funded projects a plus.
Level of Effort (LoE) and Dates of Assignment:
The LoE of this assignment is 90 days, stretched over 5 months from November 2020 – March 2021.
Individual Consultant/agency should submit:
- A letter of interest, stating why you are suitable for the assignment
- Budget: Propose daily rate along with copy of contract/agreement, or other proof of two latest assignments.
- PAN registration certificate (copy of VAT certificate is must if the total consultancy value exceeds or equal to NRs. 500,000)
Agency should submit:
- Letter of Interest with agency profile.
- Budget: Propose daily rate of consultant/agency along with copy of contract/agreement, or other proof of two latest assignments of proposed Consultant/agency.
- CV of proposed consultant
- Agency registration documents with renewal, if applicable
- VAT registration certificate
- Latest audit report and tax clearance certificate
- Any other relevant document/s
Issuance of this notice does not obligate Winrock International to award a Consultancy Service, nor will Winrock International pay any costs associated with the preparation or submission of application. Furthermore, Winrock International reserves the right to reject any and all applications, if such action is considered to be in the best interest of Winrock International. The consultancy service is contingent upon donor approval.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can post the required documents eoi.KISAN@winrock.org within October 27, 2020. Applicants should reference Consultancy-Module Development in the subject line. Applications received after the stipulated date will not be entertained.