Bagmati Welfare Society Nepal (BWSN), a non-governmental Organization, is implementing Disaster Risk Management and Humanitarian Preparedness and Water Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion HIV and TB related projects funded by numerous donors . We have been working in numerous districts of Terai region
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Bagmati Welfare Society Nepal
First Publish Date: - 28 February 2020
Bagmati Welfare society Nepal (BWSN) is a local non-governmental organization established in Sarlahi district in 1995 AD with registration no. 65/2051 in District Administration Office (DAO), Sarlahi. It is also affiliated to Social Welfare Council (SWC) with registration no 13303 and NGO Federation Nepal. It is also institutionally associated with Human Right and Social Justice Forum–Nepal, NANGAN-Nepal NGO coordination committee, Sarlahi and Gender and Social Inclusion (GESI) network. BWSN is primarily working for protecting and promoting human rights of marginalized, disadvantaged and vulnerable communities through developing their leadership and advocacy skills to claim their rights and engage in human rights promotion activities. BWSN has already implemented social and economic empowerment projects targeted to empowering marginalized and vulnerable communities especially women and girls (including to victims Gender Based Violence (GBV)) , Dalits, disadvantaged Madhesi and Muslim communities, single and pregnant women, differently able and elderly persons and other conflict victims for protecting and promoting their rights.
BWSN has implemented some projects related to increasing access to education to marginalized population such as Muslim and Terai Dalit. Since its establishment, BWSN has been implementing many projects related to Human Rights, Education, Social and Economic Empowerment, Water, Sanitation and Hygienic (WASH), Agriculture, Environment, Micro-Enterprise Development, Natural Resource Management, Public Health, Community Infrastructure etc. targeted to improve socio economic and human rights situation of poor, marginalized and vulnerable communities living in rural areas of Province No. 2 of Nepal.
Title: Community Mobiliser (Malaria) - One
Reporting to: Respective PALIKA health section and SMC
Administrative Supervision by: SR Manager/Director
Duty Station: Mithila Municipality, Dhanusha
BACKGROUND and PURPOSE of JOB
Malaria Community Mobiliser is one of the responsible positions for active case detection in Selected districts and planned PALIKAs under Malaria program . H/She is responsible to perform screening and testing of suspected malaria cases and his /her primary responsibility to screen and perform RDT in identified vulnerable population.
H/She is also responsible to report positive cases immediately to MDIS and ensure recording and reporting of all testing and positives through local health facility into HMIS. H/She will maintain close coordination of Palika, HFs and FCHVs during his/her tenure.
KEY AREAs of ACCOUNTABILITY
- Plan and implement screening and testing of all suspected malaria cases in program coverage area.
- Conduct ACD especially for vulnerable population residing in program coverage area in coordination with SMC and PALIKA health section.
- Prepare slides for conformation by microscopy of positive cases identified through RDT.
- Ensure positive cases are treated as per National Malaria Treatment Protocol (NMTP) .
- Immediately report positive cases through Malaria Disease Information System (MDIS.
- Well maintain and ensure records of testing in HMIS 5.2 ( lab register) and positive cases in HMIS 5.3 ( Treatment Register).
- Ensure all testing and positive cases are timely reported into HMIS through local HFs.
- Support local health facilities for case base investigation of positive cases in consultation with SMC .
- Maintain close coordination with PALIKA health section chief , local HF and FCHVs for smooth program implementation.
- Follow up and flag field level issues, challenges including commodities and drugs availability to SMC and SR office for further solution.
- Follow the Safeguarding Policy of SCI and comply at all level.
Qualification and Experience
- At least CMA/AHW/Lab Assistant from recognized institute and registered in NHPC.
- 1 year of working experience in related field.
- Preference will be given to the residence of respective PALIKA.
- Previous working experience with same approach is highly considerable
- Recommendation from respective PALIKA is required .
All interested candidates are requested to submit their educational documents scan copy with curriculum vitae and motivation letter with subject head as"Application for the position of District project officer and Logistic Assistant " to email@example.com within 7 days of vacancy published.
Note: All right are reserved into recruitment committee for accept or reject the vacancy.
BWSN adheres Child Safeguarding Policy with high importance and commits rigorous procedure to ensure all our personnel and program are safe for children. All candidates will be, therefore, subject of strict background.