Detailed Job description / requirements:
Children-Women in Social Service and Human Rights (CWISH), a non-profit organization, established in 1993 with an aim to ensure social justice, protection and promotion of human rights especially the rights of children, invites applications for the post of Communications Officer from interested eligible candidates (Nepali citizens only) who are reliable, accountable, and have ability to deliver results with highest level of integrity.
Position: Communications Officer for Child Labour: Action-Research-Innovation in South and South-Eastern Asia (CLARISSA) Project
Post Type: Full time (40 hours per week)
Work Station: Kathmandu
Contract Type: Two years with 3 months probationary period
The Communications Officer will need to combine excellent communications, editorial and organizational skills with creative flair and an interest in the use of digital technologies to help the CLARISSA project team deliver against its goals and objectives in line with programme strategies.
Applications and Deadlines:
- Qualified candidates are requested to email the following documents to CWISH at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A cover letter
- An updated CV with recent passport size photo
- A motivation letter mentioning why you think yourself as a potential candidate for the Communications Officer position.
- The application deadline for this position is 18:00 hrs, Wednesday, 21st October 2020
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Communications and engagement
- Development of communications plans and engagement strategies based on the consortium communications strategy.
- Collate data for and produce reports for funders and consortium tracking.
- Support the delivery of the consortium communications and campaigns via the Nepal channels and networks.
- Engage with the media to raise the profile and messages of the consortium.
- Update CLARISSA project social media sites including Facebook and Twitter to promote project works and campaigns.
- Work with the CLARISSA project team to identify relevant moments and opportunities to communicate and engage.
- Support the production and dissemination of various materials, including publications, visual assets, multimedia content, project materials and e-alerts, liaising with freelancers and suppliers as needed in the consortium.
- Produce online content including blogs, news stories, social media posts and multimedia content.
- Identify topics and support CLARISSA project team to write blogs.
- Edit, copy-edit and proofread articles, summaries and web-text.
- Source appropriate photos for publications and online content, in line with copyright law.
- Lead on the filming and editing of videos and interviews.
Working across the consortium
- Work closely with communications colleagues based in other country teams and in partner organisations to contribute to the communications objectives of the consortium.
- Contribute to the Quarterly Advocacy and Communications Working Group.
- Input and shape messaging and content across the consortium.
|Essential requirements ||Desirable|
|Educational qualifications||Master’s degree in Mass Communication, or similar qualification ||A degree and/or professional qualification in communications or marketing|
Interview and Presentation:
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the further selection process including presentation and interview.
CWISH reserves all rights to qualify/disqualify applications in any case; all applications will be treated with the highest confidentiality.