Communications and Knowledge Management Specialist Consultant
Detailed Job description / requirements:
USAID’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Activity, Nepal
Position Title: Communications and Knowledge Management Specialist Consultant (1)
CAMRIS International is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world.
CAMRIS International implements USAID’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Activity a five-year project in Nepal. The Nepal MEL Activity assists the Mission in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating, and learning from more rigorous monitoring and evaluation of development activities. This includes designing and implementing both quantitative and qualitative evaluations and assessments, as well as providing expert analysis and technical assistance to USAID/Nepal’s programs.The Nepal MEL Activity has three major components:
- Component 1: Support greater rigor and coherence in USAID/Nepal’s M&E efforts
- Component 2: Design and conduct analyses, evaluations, surveys, studies, and assessments
- Component 3: Support improved knowledge management within the Mission
CAMRIS seeks an experienced Communications and Knowledge Management Consultant to join the dynamic, fast-moving team. This is a short-term,deliverable-based position based in Kathmandu. The position will directly support the Component 1 and 3 leads and report to the Component 1 lead.
Develop knowledge products and communication pieces, and other deliverable-based tasks including the following responsibilities:
- Develop communications and knowledge management products from existing project products for multiple audiences.
- Support the team in capturing learning from various events, including the roundtables, workshops and research dissemination events that contributes to the knowledge management products.
- Assist in editing and reviewing informal and formal deliverables to client for fidelity to requirements, consistency with and with a communications perspective.
- Assist component leads in management of regular processes and reporting, including quarterly and annual reports and client reporting
- Provide deliverables as requested and report regularly on tasks assigned.
- Carry out other tasks developed in coordination with or assigned component leads.
- An advanced degree in a sector relevant to monitoring and evaluation of USAID/Nepal activities (e.g., economics, public policy, international relations, statistics, political science, health, education, agriculture, etc.)
- At least 5 years of working experience in communications with high level of English writing demonstrated;
- Experience across at least 3 years in knowledge management and KM product documentation;
- Exposure to monitoring, evaluation and learning required;
- Experience in using IT systems with computer applications for project management preferred;
- Demonstrated handling of multiple assignments at the same time;
- Experience working with USAID preferred;
- Excellent oral and written communication in English and Nepali;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Nepali citizens encouraged to apply
Interested qualified applicants are requested to apply by September 13, 2019 at the following link. Applications will be reviewed and accepted for assignments on a rolling basis and may be kept on file for future need.