Hamro Palo is a not-for-profit organization working with adolescent girls. Our mission is to empower adolescents girls (and boys) and equip them with skills and knowledge that allow them to create their own safe and healthy futures. We do so by delivering culturally sensitive, girl-centered services that advance girls' safety, confidence, and leadership skills. For more info please go to our website: www.hamropalo.org.np
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Regularly update Hamro Palo’s digital platform like website and social media in coordination with Program Team.
- Daily Social Media Management ( LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Lead/Facilitate online meetings with various stakeholders in coordination with the Program team
- Develop organizational visibility and communication outreach plan
- Field Visits as and when required.
- Write success/failure stories for Hamro Palo’s publications such as Monthly and Annual Newsletter
- Write blog posts on various issues related to Hamro Palo’s work.
- Develop issue-based campaign and advocacy materials as and when required
- Sound understanding of nonprofit communications to various stakeholders.
- Detail-oriented with excellent content development skills including editing/proofreading.
- Strong designing and editing skills with a proven track record of creating and editing traditional and social media content.
- Ability to engage the audience in various social media platforms.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Excellent communication skills, both in English and Nepali language.
- Ability to adapt to changes and make quick decisions.
- Masters degree related to Mass Communication, Journalism, Marketing, or Media or any relevant area.
- Minimum 2 years of full-time experience in communication (esp. website management, content development, designing, editing, and social media ) role, preferably in the non-profit sector.
- Proficiency in using WordPress and other digital applications and tools.